Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:59:26 pm

Author Topic: A Copy of the 2016 HSC English Exam - Paper 1  (Read 40508 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
Re: A Copy of the 2016 HSC English Exam - Paper 1
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 12:57:31 pm »
i think its because generally, the questions were much more specific, even in the creative. Section 1 demnaded you to use certain tecniques. Also there was no visual in the comprehension :) And the marks were in much bigger chunks for comprehension.

Well summarised! And this was reflected in Paper 2; it looks like we are heading towards a much more specific style of examination (which makes sense given the syllabus changes that are coming) :)

melprocrastinator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 04:59:05 pm »
Well summarised! And this was reflected in Paper 2; it looks like we are heading towards a much more specific style of examination (which makes sense given the syllabus changes that are coming) :)

Jamon, Do you think this style will be reflected in other exams as well?
My legal teacher really believes so, for example the trials Crime question on defences was very specific. Though im aware that different people write the trials and HSC.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 05:36:16 pm »
Jamon, Do you think this style will be reflected in other exams as well?
My legal teacher really believes so, for example the trials Crime question on defences was very specific. Though im aware that different people write the trials and HSC.

It is definitely possible, but we will have to see what happens. The humanities syllabuses/syllabi aren't being reformed like the others, but it could be a shifting rationale for BOSTES over the next few years. It seems pretty clear that they are wanting to curb out the effectiveness of memorisation, but arguably, Legal Studies does this already just by nature.

We don't know; but I'd be expecting a question as specific as last years (on transnational crime) was, because I think it will be similar this year (we are still due for Young Offenders, so that's one potential culprit) :)

melprocrastinator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 07:28:47 pm »
It is definitely possible, but we will have to see what happens. The humanities syllabuses/syllabi aren't being reformed like the others, but it could be a shifting rationale for BOSTES over the next few years. It seems pretty clear that they are wanting to curb out the effectiveness of memorisation, but arguably, Legal Studies does this already just by nature.

We don't know; but I'd be expecting a question as specific as last years (on transnational crime) was, because I think it will be similar this year (we are still due for Young Offenders, so that's one potential culprit) :)

I like young offenders, it was my half-yearlly question for crime. I wont get my hopes up too much  :)