Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:44:17 pm

Author Topic: Writing on workbooks?  (Read 560 times)  Share 

cherryblossoms

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Writing on workbooks?
« on: December 19, 2019, 04:21:38 pm »
Hi, this is probably a weird topic.

So in the past, I’ve rarely highlighted or written in my textbooks or written answers in workbooks. I tend to just write notes or answers on a separate piece of paper. I think this stems from me thinking that I wouldn’t be able to sell the book as much as it could later on if I’ve written on it. But I’ve realised that I might as well write all over it if I wanted to and not worry about the price worth. I was just wondering what do you guys do? Do you annotate your textbooks and write in the gaps of your workbooks, or do you prefer to keep them in pristine condition?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Writing on workbooks?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 06:08:07 pm »
+1
Hi, this is probably a weird topic.

So in the past, I’ve rarely highlighted or written in my textbooks or written answers in workbooks. I tend to just write notes or answers on a separate piece of paper. I think this stems from me thinking that I wouldn’t be able to sell the book as much as it could later on if I’ve written on it. But I’ve realised that I might as well write all over it if I wanted to and not worry about the price worth. I was just wondering what do you guys do? Do you annotate your textbooks and write in the gaps of your workbooks, or do you prefer to keep them in pristine condition?

Hey, cherryblossoms!

Not a weird question at all  :) I used to in high school (and still now with my uni textbooks) have post it notes to write my annotations on which allowed me to keep the textbook itself tidy but still filled with information that's relevant and helpful. I also did this with my workbooks with smaller post it notes that I would draw little arrows on to pinpoint the important points of my notes. This is a solid option if you want to keep the textbooks in pristine condition and possible for sale later on  8)

It's totally cool to write them on separate pieces of paper too! It really just depends on what's most effective for you  :) Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

cherryblossoms

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Writing on workbooks?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 06:43:10 pm »
Hey, cherryblossoms!

Not a weird question at all  :) I used to in high school (and still now with my uni textbooks) have post it notes to write my annotations on which allowed me to keep the textbook itself tidy but still filled with information that's relevant and helpful. I also did this with my workbooks with smaller post it notes that I would draw little arrows on to pinpoint the important points of my notes. This is a solid option if you want to keep the textbooks in pristine condition and possible for sale later on  8)

It's totally cool to write them on separate pieces of paper too! It really just depends on what's most effective for you  :) Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D

Yeah, I guess I'll see what's most effective for me. Thanks!