Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:26:06 pm

Author Topic: Stacks & Falls  (Read 4244 times)  Share 

xlaiyn

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School: RMIT University
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Stacks & Falls
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:02:08 am »
Who has the most entertaining story of ending up on your rear-end? I have multiple, but I'm in the mood for a laugh and want to hear any face planting incidents any of you have experienced.

As for me, I was trying to impress my ex-boyfriend whilst skating, made an attempt at kick turning and coming to a halt when my board flicked out from under me and I landed on my nose. Needless to say, I never lived that one down.

Also, just to embarrass my girlfriend, her attempt at introducing herself to me at my cousin's (obnoxiously loud) house party ended with her tripping over a towel and falling directly into the pool and misplacing her pants shortly after. (Inb4someonethinksImeantthatinadirtyway)
2013: Software Development @ CRC
2014: Literature | Psychology | Biology | Media | Further Math @ RMIT
2015 - 2017: Bachelor of Emergency Health (Paramedic) @ Monash University

xlaiyn

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Re: Stacks & Falls
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:06:16 am »
I just realised how lame I sound. I just want friends, guys.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:09:17 am »
Jennifer Lawrence would say that her best stack would have been when she went up to accept her Best Actress Oscar

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_miresb7xum1qh9nffo1_500.gif

EDIT: the skirts of her dress remind me of Dr. Zoidberg
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:11:00 am »
Hahahahahahaha I've had too many!
Once, I was on a skateboard holding the nose in my hands and standing on the kick, I was about to 'bunny hop' around on it but after my first one or two hops, instead of the kick, I landed on the wheels and promptly got launched forwards and broke the fall with my face and took a lot of the skin off of my nose/forehead/chin.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

xlaiyn

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:13:38 am »
Jennifer Lawrence would say that her best stack would have been when she went up to accept her Best Actress Oscar

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_miresb7xum1qh9nffo1_500.gif

EDIT: the skirts of her dress remind me of Dr. Zoidberg

The Zoidberg reference. /////dead

Hahahahahahaha I've had too many!
Once, I was on a skateboard holding the nose in my hands and standing on the kick, I was about to 'bunny hop' around on it but after my first one or two hops, instead of the kick, I landed on the wheels and promptly got launched forwards and broke the fall with my face and took a lot of the skin off of my nose/forehead/chin.

Ouch. My Uncle did the same thing, but it had rained so he skidded along the concrete and landed in mud.

My friend Zoe was skating and jumped out of the way of a car that came around the corner, skid along the ground and tore her lip ring out of her mouth. It's got to be one of the grossest things I've ever tried to help disinfect.

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 12:24:09 am »
Well, I was having a particularly bad day, and this was compounded by having Methods last lesson. Now, I love maths, and my teacher was a legend, but 3:15-4:15pm of Methods on any day was not acceptable.

So naturally, I was late to class. As I was running up the stairs to reach the classroom area, I tripped. Now, these stairs are steep. I'm a fit person, but seriously, FUCK these stairs. So I have a bit of a self-conscious laugh with a mate who was at the top of the stairs in the VCE study area outside my methods classroom (he ran over after hearing something along the lines of "WHA? No!" *bang* "Cunt!" - I'm a compulsive swearer when stressed, sorry), then I head over to my classroom.

I attempt to open the door, and for some reason the handle just won't fully engage and come back from the latch. I'm standing there for 2.5 minutes, leaning down on the handle. I'm holding my folder/writing stuff/CAS under one arm. Suddenly, *click* and the handle engages and the door swings open quickly, throwing me to the floor. I get ready for embarrassment, but then I notice the classroom's empty.

At this point, I'm unsure as to what's going on, so I take a seat at a desk, take out all my work and writing stuff and wait 5 minutes. Nothing. I look around the room, and notice that there's a note pinned to the INSIDE OF THE DOOR - "Y12 Methods, in Room 15". I was currently in Room 16, literally 5 metres away from my class.

I rush out of the room, and my total fucking derp of a mate looks up and says to me, just as I'm about to enter Room 15 - "Oh right, your method's class is in there"... this was the friend who was looking at me trying to get into a room where my class wasn't, intermittently saying "you should push harder". This guy ended up with an ATAR of 99.35.

So, I brusquely thank my friend and run into Room 15, utterly pissed off and really, really not looking forward to what is now going to be 45 minutes of Methods (15 minutes late, yech... time to bring out the apologies!). But, the universe is clearly not done laughing at me.

As I push open the door, it doesn't open fully. Seems like someone has put a chair behind the door. COOL, GUYS. Momentum, being the bitch that it is, carries my forehead forward into the door. I mutter a hasty, slightly belligerent apology to my teacher, who's killing himself laughing. I then walk over to an empty seat, tripping over a chair and somehow over a particularly large sandwich in the process.

NOTE: I'm not usually clumsy, I just get thrown by Methods. Hope you enjoyed my misfortune, you schadenfreuder, you!
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

xlaiyn

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 12:32:10 am »
Well, I was having a particularly bad day, and this was compounded by having Methods last lesson. Now, I love maths, and my teacher was a legend, but 3:15-4:15pm of Methods on any day was not acceptable.

So naturally, I was late to class. As I was running up the stairs to reach the classroom area, I tripped. Now, these stairs are steep. I'm a fit person, but seriously, FUCK these stairs. So I have a bit of a self-conscious laugh with a mate who was at the top of the stairs in the VCE study area outside my methods classroom (he ran over after hearing something along the lines of "WHA? No!" *bang* "Cunt!" - I'm a compulsive swearer when stressed, sorry), then I head over to my classroom.

I attempt to open the door, and for some reason the handle just won't fully engage and come back from the latch. I'm standing there for 2.5 minutes, leaning down on the handle. I'm holding my folder/writing stuff/CAS under one arm. Suddenly, *click* and the handle engages and the door swings open quickly, throwing me to the floor. I get ready for embarrassment, but then I notice the classroom's empty.

At this point, I'm unsure as to what's going on, so I take a seat at a desk, take out all my work and writing stuff and wait 5 minutes. Nothing. I look around the room, and notice that there's a note pinned to the INSIDE OF THE DOOR - "Y12 Methods, in Room 15". I was currently in Room 16, literally 5 metres away from my class.

I rush out of the room, and my total fucking derp of a mate looks up and says to me, just as I'm about to enter Room 15 - "Oh right, your method's class is in there"... this was the friend who was looking at me trying to get into a room where my class wasn't, intermittently saying "you should push harder". This guy ended up with an ATAR of 99.35.

So, I brusquely thank my friend and run into Room 15, utterly pissed off and really, really not looking forward to what is now going to be 45 minutes of Methods (15 minutes late, yech... time to bring out the apologies!). But, the universe is clearly not done laughing at me.

As I push open the door, it doesn't open fully. Seems like someone has put a chair behind the door. COOL, GUYS. Momentum, being the bitch that it is, carries my forehead forward into the door. I mutter a hasty, slightly belligerent apology to my teacher, who's killing himself laughing. I then walk over to an empty seat, tripping over a chair and somehow over a particularly large sandwich in the process.

NOTE: I'm not usually clumsy, I just get thrown by Methods. Hope you enjoyed my misfortune, you schadenfreuder, you!

That is actually the best. Period.

There was this one occurrence a few years ago where I landed on a wooden sleeper at a playground, heaved myself up and a friend of mine offered to take me to the emergency room. I said they were an idiot and I only bruised my face a little, at which point I noticed the horrendous amount of blood dripping down my shirt. Guess who managed to snap her jaw in several places, the bone holding her teeth in, tear her lip, arm and knee open, rip open the inside of her gums, smash a tooth AND not feel the entire process because I was in such a state of shock? I'm one talented mother fucker. :)

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 12:51:32 am »
^ Just casually ahaha

2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

xlaiyn

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 12:54:23 am »

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 11:01:07 pm »
Running for a train on Platform 10 Flinders St on a rainy day with shoes with no grip on their soles at all. Stack firstly on the concourse, and then AGAIN on the platform itself... And I missed the train ><

lala1911

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:01 pm »
Getting tripped over by some asshole while running along the downball courts in year 8. I'm laughing while typing this, I must have looked like an idiot. I was holding a sandwich and running for the ball and some idiot decided it'd be funny to stick his foot out and I went face first into the ground and half of the school watched in sheer laughter. My old school had a weird setting and a lot of people looked down upon the downball courts, which were situated near the tennis courts and rugby oval. Most embarrassing moment of my life :)

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:49 pm »
Went to some forum in High School about combating illegal downloads and the like and we had to split up into groups and come up with a presentation/play of sorts to talk about the issue. My group decided I would be used as an example of a illegal downloader and I had to sit on a chair facing away from the audience pretending to be on a computer and wait while 'the FBI agents' would come to arrest me. So when these 'agents' came to arrest me for pirating online, I think I kind of jumped the gun and pretended like they were arresting me, so much so that i stood up so fast that my chair fell back and I lost my balance and landed face first on the floor. I could hear people in the first few rows of the audience gasp but I just laid on the floor silently laughing my ass off and probably by seeing my ass shake from laughing people realised I was ok, as did the 'agents' who eventually had to lift me from the floor and take me away to 'jail'. Luckily the people there were from schools all around Victoria so I guess it was randoms who saw this ahaha

EDIT: Laid, Layed or lay? Laid?

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 03:44:20 pm »
When I was young a friend and I were jumping on his bed. On one of the jumps I misplaced my foot, fell through the [closed] window beside the bed and as if this wasn't enough, to add insult to injury, it just so happened that a rose bush existed in the garden outside the window, which I inevitably landed in. Good times.
Mathematical Methods | Physics | Chemistry | English | Business Management

2012-2017
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) @ Monash University

Current
Transport Modeller @ Arup

clıppy

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Would you like help?
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 04:01:37 pm »
Oh god, I know exactly which one takes the cake for me.
A few months after I'd gotten my new bike (this is when i was younger) my bikes back tyre always had no grip because I'd never used the front brake (due to a similar, smaller crash I did the day I got the bike). My brother decided it would be better for if he taught teach me how to use both brakes.
"Go to the court and come back on fifth gear at full speed then press both brakes together"
So, I go off, turn around, come back at fifth gear, full speed, and press.
The bike instantly comes to a halt and i do a 180 from an upright position to being face first into the road. I scratched up my face hard and busted my lip, a scar that you can still see today.

Needless to say, I am still not a fan of the front brake.
2013 : VCE
2014 : VCE
2015 : UoM

Putting this here so I don't forget about it: http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

Tutoring in Chemistry. PM if interested.

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 01:46:11 am »
Oh god, I know exactly which one takes the cake for me.
A few months after I'd gotten my new bike (this is when i was younger) my bikes back tyre always had no grip because I'd never used the front brake (due to a similar, smaller crash I did the day I got the bike). My brother decided it would be better for if he taught teach me how to use both brakes.
"Go to the court and come back on fifth gear at full speed then press both brakes together"
So, I go off, turn around, come back at fifth gear, full speed, and press.
The bike instantly comes to a halt and i do a 180 from an upright position to being face first into the road. I scratched up my face hard and busted my lip, a scar that you can still see today.

Needless to say, I am still not a fan of the front brake.
At least you used both :P The back brake was partially broken on one of my bikes so most of the time I just used the front. Going down hills did not end well. However, that never seemed to stop me ::)
Mathematical Methods | Physics | Chemistry | English | Business Management

2012-2017
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) @ Monash University

Current
Transport Modeller @ Arup