Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:07:35 am

Author Topic: how to do well/prepare for a Sac.  (Read 976 times)  Share 

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
how to do well/prepare for a Sac.
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:16:32 am »
Hello, beautiful people I’ve had something bugging me for about 1 year now.. I couldn’t  find an answer to my question. Luckily I found this place.....

(Is this true, my year 10 biology teacher said.. that teachers try to set you up for success)in year 11 and 12), for example if I had a Sac about immunity... the important questions from the textbook would help me do well in the sacs

1. How should I study/prepare for a Sac to of course do well.

2. Is it possible to know every question on a sac

3. How do people get a 30+ study scores... it seems easy cause I’ve seen many people with high study scores.

4. Are Atar notes Topic test good to study for a Sac

(Sorry if you find it hard to understand what I’m saying, I have speech problems which sometimes makes it hard to express my thoughts... ( I wonder why I achieve 60+ on my English essays.

Thank you in Advance
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Re: how to do well/prepare for a Sac.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:33 am »
+2
Hello, beautiful people I’ve had something bugging me for about 1 year now.. I couldn’t  find an answer to my question. Luckily I found this place.....

(Is this true, my year 10 biology teacher said.. that teachers try to set you up for success)in year 11 and 12), for example if I had a Sac about immunity... the important questions from the textbook would help me do well in the sacs

1. How should I study/prepare for a Sac to of course do well.

2. Is it possible to know every question on a sac

3. How do people get a 30+ study scores... it seems easy cause I’ve seen many people with high study scores.

4. Are Atar notes Topic test good to study for a Sac

(Sorry if you find it hard to understand what I’m saying, I have speech problems which sometimes makes it hard to express my thoughts... ( I wonder why I achieve 60+ on my English essays.

Thank you in Advance

It really does depend on the subject you study! The first thing to do would be to go look at the study design for your subject and talk with your teacher on which area it will be assessed on. Everything that could potentially be on your SAC will be on the study design, so if you don't know a dot point, it would be best to check with them. What you do in Year 11 is like a trial year for Year 12 or a 3/4 sequence, so they are only trying to help you ease into VCE!

To prepare, make sure you know what's going on in class. Sounds obvious but if you start to not understand something, ask your teacher asap or else you will get really behind. If you do a textbook question and struggle to get the answer, also ask them for help! It's their job to help you do your best! Also, never rely on your textbook. It will not be enough, especially for a unit 3/4. Ask and find as many resources as possible to help you! The more questions you are exposed too, the better chance you have at doing well.

Unless you do a Maths-based subject, it's pretty hard to know every possible question on a SAC. Usually the hard questions which don't appear in your textbook often are questions where you need to use certain skills or parts of your knowledge to form an answer. Unless you have done multiple practice exams or questions from many resources, I doubt that you will know every question on the SAC. Don't think of a SAC like a monster,  but rather something that is going to challenge your own knowledge :D.

A Study Score of 30 means that you are in the middle of your state peers! It means that 50% of the state is above you and 50% are below you. Its mainly the average score people get so that's why you see it come up often. If you do the work and constantly put in the effort and understand the content, this shouldn't be a problem.

I only have the AN topic tests for my math based subject, but they are alright. They may be better for subjects like Bio, Chem or Physics. The notes, however, are definitely really good! Recommend those! If you need extra questions I also do recommend A+ notes which is like a mini summary of an Area of Study with prac questions!