Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 04:16:45 am

Author Topic: Occupational therapy at monash and latrobe  (Read 1390 times)  Share 

Shaliya shareef

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Occupational therapy at monash and latrobe
« on: September 15, 2018, 06:50:54 pm »
Hi all!
I was wondering which university is best for occupational therapy out of monash and latrobe ?

Thanks.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Occupational therapy at monash and latrobe
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:25:44 pm »
+3
Hey there :) I'm studying physio at Monash and we have a bit to do with the OT students so I can maybe help you out a bit.

Ultimately there's not a huge difference between the courses because every course in Australia has to meet certain requirements for you to be able to be a registered practitioner with AHPRA. The biggest difference I know of is that at La Trobe every student doing a health science course does a common first year, then goes into their special subjects from 2nd year onwards. Some people like this, whereas some people just want to get straight into stuff related to their course. If you're more like the latter, I'd probably lean towards Monash.

Location is also a big thing to factor in. There's a fair distance between the Monash Peninsula campus (where the OT course is undertaken) and La Trobe's campus in Bundoora. Which would be more convenient for you? :)

I hope this has helped a bit, but I'd also recommend having a chat to the careers counsellor at your school.