Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 11:20:58 pm

Author Topic: Is Lisa Chem harder than VCAA?  (Read 5508 times)  Share 

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Is Lisa Chem harder than VCAA?
« on: August 20, 2020, 09:39:59 am »
+1
I didn’t Want to run out of vcaa questions so I decided to do a Lisa Chem test  and oh my gosh they are so difficult! Or is that just me? I can do VCAA questions most of checkpoints and neap smart study questions. I’m worrried now that I all of a sudden can’t do anything :(
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Is Lisa Chem harder than VCAA?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 10:15:09 am »
+4
Take my words with a grain of salt because I'm a dinosaur and graduated a few years ago lol, but I definitely remember lisachem being harder than VCAA questions and my teachers telling us that before we did any lisachem papers. I also found NEAP to be harder than VCAA questions. I don't think it's just you :)

justaloser

• Forum Regular
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
  • Respect: +116
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 10:18:00 am »
+3
I didn’t Want to run out of vcaa questions so I decided to do a Lisa Chem test  and oh my gosh they are so difficult! Or is that just me? I can do VCAA questions most of checkpoints and neap smart study questions. I’m worrried now that I all of a sudden can’t do anything :(

Yeah don't worry Lisachem is really hard, it's not just you. Do you have access to TSSM exams? They're pretty decent. Might also want to scroll through really old (like 2008, 2009) exams and pick out the relevant questions to write answers to since they're not completely relevant to current study design.
2020-24: Monash Uni MBBS (Bonded)

I don't really go on here anymore. Feel free to DM though

I have no idea about the UCAT percentile required to get an interview/accepted into medicine. Mine was the first year that they used the UCAT. Just try and maximise your ATAR and take care of yourself.

My Med School journal

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 10:35:53 am »
+9
Personally, I didn’t bother with Lisa chem at all. I also didn’t bother with any company exams that weren’t strictly made in my year mainly because I didn’t have the time for them.

This was because I did every single VCAA chemistry exam I could get my hands on. There’s a style and creativity that VCAA exam writers have that company exams can only try to imitate. You’ll find a lot of these company exams simply rewrite old VCAA questions. It’s pretty poor quality.

Yes, the old VCAA exams have a lot that isn’t relevant now. I took the time to go through each of them and only printed pages with questions I knew were still relevant. There is still gold to be found in older exams that is worth much more than company exams.

ETA: I treated pre-2013 exams as a worksheet. 2013 and onwards I did the exam in exam conditions but shortened the time to account for questions that weren’t relevant.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 10:38:07 am by Lear »
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash