Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 12:36:01 pm

Author Topic: Interview Tutoring [Medicine + Dentistry+others]  (Read 3024 times)  Share 

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
  • School: MHS -2010
  • School Grad Year: 2010
Interview Tutoring [Medicine + Dentistry+others]
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:35:32 pm »
Hey there :)

Im looking to tutor students keen on getting an place in medicine. This includes both UMAT tutoring and Interview tutoring as well as helping people fill out applications and soforth.

About me

So far I have gotten an offer for medicine in every university that I have applied. I am looking to start MBBS at Monash this year. I have recieved 98 percentinle in the UMAT and was dissapointed with the score as I felt it was a bit below my potential. I have sat interviews in countless universities and have immense experience in both medicine and dentistry interviews. I have recieved a rank of 32 for UADEL dentistry, but no offer as I have instead been offered a place at Medicine.

I also enjoy tutoring the UMAT and VCE subjects including biology, chemistry and Vis Com and have finished a rather hectic and intense UMAT tutoring season. The applications period is now closed in most unis meaning that interview tutoring is now officially underway :):):)

Interview Tutoring

This is my forte. I absolutely love sitting and teaching about medicine interviews. I pretty much know every question asked at UNSW, and UADEL and am also greatly knowledged in the interview questions and formats of all the other universities. I know the scenarios asked at UADEL Dent word for word and i also have good knowledge of their med scenarios. Overall, i have started to write my own interview guides and have started to establish lists of questions asked at each university.

I also plan on sitting interviews in the future even though I already got into monash so as to broaden my knowledge of interviews at other universities. I also have first hand experience of the new MMI at Monash which has only been used once before and has very little information about it online.

Apart from material, being a debater and a public speaker, I also want to work with people so as to improve their "manner". Hence I will tell you how you should use body language to your advantage in interviews and how you should utilize hand gestures and natural pauses to add effect to your responses as well as to successfully convey your passion for studying medicine.

I am even familiar with the layout and setting of the interviews and am aware of facts such as how UNCLE offers you a swivelling chair while UNSW has two tables in between you and the interviewers while UADEL offers lollies during the interview etc.

However, my interview tutoring is not limited to dentistry and medicine - I have had friends needing help with interview for other courses, some of which I did not know anything about - but then I realised that all interviews for any course have inherent similarities in both the type of questions asked and in the manner in which you should convey yourself - Hence I have now had experience in all formats of interviews and can even provide manner and matter assistance with interview not strictly relating to medicine or dentistry.

Overall I have already started some interview tutoring and so far it has been very enjoyable and interactive - I usually try and pair up my students and rotate the pairings so that students can also get a good idea at how other applicants are performing and other strategies tjat are being used.

If you are interested and want to talk a bit more about this please email me at [email protected] or shoot me a text on 0433 391 332

good luck

REBORN

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +74
Re: Interview Tutoring [Medicine + Dentistry+others]
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 04:41:11 pm »
What school did you graduate from?
Doctor of Medicine

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:42:18 pm »
What school did you graduate from?

MHS

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:40:47 pm by D27RII »

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 06:41:02 pm »
BTW, congratulations to all those who got an interview at Monash - the UMAT cut-off is starting to get very ridiculous for the only vic undergrad uni, but for those who were unlucky, definitely try your luck at the interstate universities with more traditional lower UMAT cut-offs

Just wanted to give potential Monash/UWS/UNCLE interviewees the heads up that I have now started MMI tutoring with a bunch of peeps - if interested let me know