Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:04:17 am

Author Topic: What happens if you write the wrong student number  (Read 5740 times)

hdmandude

• New South Welsh
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: James Ruse Ag
What happens if you write the wrong student number
« on: October 22, 2016, 07:51:37 pm »
I'm just about certain I wrote the right ones on my 4u booklets yesterday...but I'm very paranoid right now.
What would happen if, say, I wrote the wrong number + wrong center number on a question? Would I be screwed? Would they even mark it??

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: What happens if you write the wrong student number
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 01:52:14 am »
+3
I'm just about certain I wrote the right ones on my 4u booklets yesterday...but I'm very paranoid right now.
What would happen if, say, I wrote the wrong number + wrong center number on a question? Would I be screwed? Would they even mark it??

Unless you consistently wrote the wrong student number and the wrong centre number on every single booklet, they'd catch the error and fix it. Even if you wrote the same (but incorrect) student number on everything, they'd probably notice a duplicate and fix that too.

Don't stress, there are always heaps of students who come out worried about the numbers. BOSTES knows they are dealing with some stressed peeps, mistakes happen, there are procedures in place to make sure things get where they are supposed to be. Just relax and focus on smashing the rest of your exams! Trust me, all will be well ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 09:58:35 am »
+2

Judging from experience, a supervisor has to come around and check that the student and centre number are identical on each writing booklet before they sign that blue slip thingy. So I certainly wouldn't stress.

Apparently one of my 7's looked like a 1 because I was rushing in one of my exams and the supervisor got out a pen and said 'just making this look more like a 7'. So, I am sure from this you wouldn't even be able to write the wrong student number on your paper even if you wanted to.

Personal experience only, but don't stress, they wouldn't have signed off your blue slip if your number was wrong :)

mzaria

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:30:59 pm »
+1

On the day of paper 2, another student told me to write a '1' in front of my student number just before the exam so i could fill up all of those boxes. Turned out we didn't necessarily need to fill it all up and my school's student numbers are just a digit shorter than the others. I frantically emailed our career advisor and she forwarded my email to the teacher in charge of the exams. She was notified but didn't get any messages from the exam supervisors and said it was fine.

Please don't stress like I did! If you're still worried, go talk to the teacher in charge of the exams to see if the exam supervisors expressed something was wrong with a paper.
ATAR goal: >80
(or over 69 since I applied for SRS)

Subjects:
- Advanced English
- Mathematics
- Mathematics extension 1
- Ancient history
- Modern history
- History extension
- Legal studies

Course: Combined bachelor of Visual communications and International studies (ATAR of 94 ish)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 07:45:17 am »
On the day of paper 2, another student told me to write a '1' in front of my student number just before the exam so i could fill up all of those boxes. Turned out we didn't necessarily need to fill it all up and my school's student numbers are just a digit shorter than the others. I frantically emailed our career advisor and she forwarded my email to the teacher in charge of the exams. She was notified but didn't get any messages from the exam supervisors and said it was fine.

Please don't stress like I did! If you're still worried, go talk to the teacher in charge of the exams to see if the exam supervisors expressed something was wrong with a paper.

There is a '1' in front lf everyones but I did not put a '1' in front of mine, simply because on the blue sheet thingy there is only the 8 digits, the 1 is just there for "clerical purposes only"

Certainly don't stress about it!

mzaria

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 01:15:58 am »
There is a '1' in front lf everyones but I did not put a '1' in front of mine, simply because on the blue sheet thingy there is only the 8 digits, the 1 is just there for "clerical purposes only"

Certainly don't stress about it!

'1' in front is your UAC number. For exams, we are to fill the BOSTES one, not UAC.
ATAR goal: >80
(or over 69 since I applied for SRS)

Subjects:
- Advanced English
- Mathematics
- Mathematics extension 1
- Ancient history
- Modern history
- History extension
- Legal studies

Course: Combined bachelor of Visual communications and International studies (ATAR of 94 ish)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 10:41:23 am »
'1' in front is your UAC number. For exams, we are to fill the BOSTES one, not UAC.

Ahh yep I remember this now! ;D don't stress though, they'd sort it out if anyone did write the '1', I bet it's super common ;D