Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:45:30 am

Author Topic: Post HSC reward  (Read 35050 times)

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
Re: Post HSC reward
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2016, 10:51:01 pm »
Hey all!!!
 This is totally irrelevant but the only thing getting me through this stressful period of HSC (besides procrastinating on ATARnotes  ;)) is having something to look forward to once I finish my last exam. Just wondering what everyone is planning and looking forward to most (i.e. binge watching a tv show, going to the beach... etc)?
i remember when i finished my last exam of high school i walked to the teachers lounge and said goodbye to my favourite teacher and hugged her and said i hope i make u proud then i went home and slept and played video games for about 9 weeks straight (best 9 weeks of my life)

For me its binge reading all the books that I've been wanting to read this year. Speaking of, does anyone have any suggestions of a good series to get into that I can add to my book bucket list?
if you like books written from an almost biblical sort of storytelling format based in ancient times i highly recommend the richest man in babylon. its basically a financial self help book that teaches the lessons through stories that occured in ancient babylon. its a great book to introduce people to the adult world and how to manage their finances etc. and generally build wealth over a career.

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
  • "Mistakes are proof that you are trying!"
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2016, 06:15:38 am »
Just thought I'd add that I'm eager to read this as well! Communication at UTS is something I've been considering for a while, or combined law/communication but I'm not too sure at the moment.

That's exactly what my options are! As well as global studies at UTS
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2016, 06:23:18 am »
i remember when i finished my last exam of high school i walked to the teachers lounge and said goodbye to my favourite teacher and hugged her and said i hope i make u proud then i went home and slept and played video games for about 9 weeks straight (best 9 weeks of my life)

if you like books written from an almost biblical sort of storytelling format based in ancient times i highly recommend the richest man in babylon. its basically a financial self help book that teaches the lessons through stories that occured in ancient babylon. its a great book to introduce people to the adult world and how to manage their finances etc. and generally build wealth over a career.

That's honestly the cutest thing! I've definitely spent a lot more time hanging with my fave teachers before my exams. I literally just walk into the science staffroom and sit down and chat to all the teachers (I've actually been doing it all year whenever I didn't want to go to a certain class). The head teacher has even joked that I'm just another member of staff because of how frequently I am in there hahaha

I read the word finance and I cringed! Im more into the narrative, forget yourself stories, mostly romance and fantasy so it doesnt exactly sound like my cup of tea but I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!
--HSC subjects--
Music 1 | Biology | Society and Culture | Spanish Beginners | Math ext 1 & 2 | English Advanced | English ext 1 & 2

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »
+1
Just thought I'd add that I'm eager to read this as well! Communication at UTS is something I've been considering for a while, or combined law/communication but I'm not too sure at the moment.

YESSSS MORE COMMS <3 Let's meet up at Uni and have coffee and stuff :) :) :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

hermansia12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2016, 11:41:10 pm »
That's awesome! I'm currently working on a piece that's around 8th grade.
I quit piano when i started high school actually and then picked it back up just before senior years began, best decision!

That's really good to hear! That's what I did too- I was so surprised that I still knew how to play my pieces from previous grades even though I hadn't played for like 5 years. :)
Economics: 91
English Advanced: 90
Studies of Religion 1: 46
Mathematics Extension 1: 88
Mathematics Extension 2: 73

ATAR: 96.05

Currently studying: Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Hons)/Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2016, 07:46:27 am »
YESSSS MORE COMMS <3 Let's meet up at Uni and have coffee and stuff :) :) :)

That would be so awesome!
--HSC subjects--

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2016, 07:48:10 am »
That's really good to hear! That's what I did too- I was so surprised that I still knew how to play my pieces from previous grades even though I hadn't played for like 5 years. :)

Yeah its amazing what you remember after not playing for a while. I feel like its kind of like riding a bike, you never really forget everything. 
--HSC subjects--

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2016, 09:03:55 am »
+1
Yeah its amazing what you remember after not playing for a while. I feel like its kind of like riding a bike, you never really forget everything.
I tried riding a bike the other day

Oh dear that was horrible

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2016, 09:16:40 am »
I tried riding a bike the other day

Oh dear that was horrible

HAHA well thank you for discrediting my point...   :)
--HSC subjects--

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2016, 09:19:56 am »
HAHA well thank you for discrediting my point...   :)
Nah I just remembered that out of nowhere haha, that was probably a good year ago or something.

Point stands anyway just maybe for other things :P

Blissfulmelodii

• Trendsetter
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2016, 09:26:40 am »
Nah I just remembered that out of nowhere haha, that was probably a good year ago or something.

Point stands anyway just maybe for other things :P

fair enough  :P
--HSC subjects--

jarin_

• Adventurer
  • School: mfis
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2016, 08:58:21 pm »

Yes I definitely do!!! I'm going to write up a kind of deconstruction of how the UTS Comms course works. It's confusing from the outside :) I'll link it to you when I do!

Ooo yes please would love to read it!!!
Do you just do Comms or a double degree? I wanted to do law/comms but don't think I'll get in lol so I'm thinking of doing Comms & International studies. Would that be a good combination or is the work load too much?

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2016, 08:59:03 am »
Ooo yes please would love to read it!!!
Do you just do Comms or a double degree? I wanted to do law/comms but don't think I'll get in lol so I'm thinking of doing Comms & International studies. Would that be a good combination or is the work load too much?
I'm enrolled in a double bachelor now with international studies, but I'll be withdrawing from that asap (more to come on this in my post lol). Law/comms is a really popular option - but you definitely should consider why you want to do each one. My friends say that 75% of their time is on law, 25% is on comms. And, if you don't do law and you only do comms - your last exam EVER is your HSC exam! There are no comms exams ;)

International Studies is a really great option. If this is the path you take - you only study comms in your first year and international studies starts in the second year. So the work load is definitely balance-able in the first year, and it gradually increases at a maintainable level :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2016, 09:19:47 am »
Is anyone finished allll of their exams yet?? Are you feeling excited AF or drained and sleepy?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2016, 09:39:12 am »
Is anyone finished allll of their exams yet?? Are you feeling excited AF or drained and sleepy?
These guys that are done are all here Elyse haha