Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:02:14 am

Author Topic: Responsible government?  (Read 2084 times)  Share 

BigLan

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Responsible government?
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:13:05 pm »
Well ok,
i understand the meaning of responsible government and what their responsibilities are.
Though anyone know were i can find a deeper meaning of what they do and how they help for the people.
Not a 2 sentence meaning though a great over view. I am certain, even if it's a 1 point mark it will be on the sac/
Im sure you know what i mean.
Regards,
?

mypurpleundercracka

Re: Responsible government?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 01:32:53 pm »
I did the SAC yesterday on the principles of the Australian parliamentary system, there was nothing on responsible government, just make sure you know your separation of powers and the role of the senate

BigLan

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:17 pm »
I did the SAC yesterday on the principles of the Australian parliamentary system, there was nothing on responsible government, just make sure you know your separation of powers and the role of the senate

separation of powers? what was that about again, my legal book is at school.

BigLan

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 01:49:53 pm »

separation of powers? what was that about again, my legal book is at school.

legislative, executive, judicial
ow yeh about the bill and so on.... executive powers.
Understood.

hard

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 02:30:13 pm »
Well ok,
i understand the meaning of responsible government and what their responsibilities are.
Though anyone know were i can find a deeper meaning of what they do and how they help for the people.
Not a 2 sentence meaning though a great over view. I am certain, even if it's a 1 point mark it will be on the sac/
Im sure you know what i mean.
Regards,
?
The principle of responsible government is based on the notion that the gvt take responsibility for their own actions. A responsible gvt is one were the ministers are held accountable for the actions they take in their particular port folio. Also that ministers and gvt are answerable to parliament.

That's all you really need to know tbh, you don't need to know more than that. This isn't going to be more than a 2 marker and if it is a 2 marker, unlikely, you'd define it as i did and probs like add a case to show the examiner you know what you're on about for the 2nd mark.
However, if for the sac you need to know this in detail (which i think is rubbish) just go wikipedia or something and investigate. But as i said before, you don't need to know more than this.

But in regards to mypurpleundercrack you should know all areas of the principles of the Australian Parliamentary system, irregardless of what is and what isn't on the sac. The exam is what counts.