Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:12:55 pm

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 572873 times)  Share 

marcusgrahamm

• Forum Regular
  • --
  • Respect: 0
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #960 on: June 12, 2017, 08:01:11 pm »
has anyone got an notes on WORLD ORDER for Syrian and/or Sudan??
Business Studies-89

Legal Studies-93

Modern History-93

Society And Culture-93

Advanced English-93

Ext 1 Eng- 42

ATAR: 96.95

chelseam

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #961 on: June 13, 2017, 08:33:10 pm »
Hi! Are war crimes and genocide considered to be crimes against the international community? Or are these all separate categories? Thank you  :)
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #962 on: June 13, 2017, 09:54:47 pm »
+1
Hi! Are war crimes and genocide considered to be crimes against the international community? Or are these all separate categories? Thank you  :)

You can talk about the international responses and domestic ones. Legal and non legal. That's what I would do
Heavy Things :(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #963 on: June 13, 2017, 10:02:04 pm »
+1

Genocide and war crimes would both be crimes against the international community for most purposes - There are no strict definitions of crimes against the international community but those two definitely qualify ;D

chelseam

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #964 on: June 13, 2017, 10:05:26 pm »
You can talk about the international responses and domestic ones. Legal and non legal. That's what I would do
Genocide and war crimes would both be crimes against the international community for most purposes - There are no strict definitions of crimes against the international community but those two definitely qualify ;D
Sweet! Thank heaps guys :D
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #965 on: June 13, 2017, 10:09:21 pm »
+1
Sweet! Thank heaps guys :D

Glad we we're able to help :) Post back your whole essay and we can have a look over it for ya

Goodluck!
Heavy Things :(

ash_mcalpine

• Adventurer
« Reply #966 on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:19 pm »
Hey, I received an essay question on the Shelter topic "With specific reference to homelessness. Analyse the barriers to achieving justice in the provisions of shelter" now I get because it's a option info might be limited but i'm quite stumped on where to start so any pointers would be great! 

maria1999

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #967 on: June 15, 2017, 10:26:03 am »
hey guys!
I'm doing family law right now and I was just wondering that besides the right to not marry, is there rights that same-sex couples don't that heterosexual couples do have? I've been researching heaps on adoption and inheritance and areas like this but from what I can gather everything is pretty consistent besides the right to marriage. Is there anything I'm missing as I need to write an essay on the responsiveness of the law in achieving justice for family members? Any help would be heaps appreciated!!

camillablome

• Adventurer
« Reply #968 on: June 15, 2017, 05:17:26 pm »
Hi,
Just wondering if you think you should structure crime essays by cases- every paragraph is a new case and you introduce ideas/ legal concepts through the cases?
Thankyou!

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #969 on: June 15, 2017, 06:09:00 pm »
Question about non-legal responses
Hey guys!
I have a legal essay to do, with the question being "evaluate the effectiveness of legal and non-legal responses of contemporary family issues"
Just asking, what are some non-legal responses besides the media, and also is the Australian Human Rights Commission a legal or non-legal response (as it is independent of the government but still a statutory body)?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #970 on: June 15, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »
+1
hey guys!
I'm doing family law right now and I was just wondering that besides the right to not marry, is there rights that same-sex couples don't that heterosexual couples do have? I've been researching heaps on adoption and inheritance and areas like this but from what I can gather everything is pretty consistent besides the right to marriage. Is there anything I'm missing as I need to write an essay on the responsiveness of the law in achieving justice for family members? Any help would be heaps appreciated!!

Hey Maria! I'm fairly sure (from memory) that many of the rights are now pretty close to equalised through legislation amendments, my essays in Legal for same sex relationships were quite appraising of the legal systems response, always finishing with a big breakdown of the marriage equality issue as the final lasting failure. I could be wrong, but it is definitely close to an equal playing field in terms of legal entitlements (happy to be corrected by those more knowledgeable) ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #971 on: June 15, 2017, 09:07:14 pm »
Hi,
Just wondering if you think you should structure crime essays by cases- every paragraph is a new case and you introduce ideas/ legal concepts through the cases?
Thankyou!

That is definitely one way to do it! I did a few of my World Order essays like this, it can definitely work very very well! ;D if you think it will work for you, go for it, just be sure that you are constantly evaluating and not just restating case details! :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #972 on: June 15, 2017, 09:08:29 pm »
Question about non-legal responses
Hey guys!
I have a legal essay to do, with the question being "evaluate the effectiveness of legal and non-legal responses of contemporary family issues"
Just asking, what are some non-legal responses besides the media, and also is the Australian Human Rights Commission a legal or non-legal response (as it is independent of the government but still a statutory body)?

Hey! AHRC would be a legal response as a statutory body ;D as for non-legal responses, think charitable organisations and other NGO's - Those are a big non-legal response. Also consider the media more broadly, such as documentaries! ;D

maria1999

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #973 on: June 15, 2017, 11:21:16 pm »
+1
Hey Maria! I'm fairly sure (from memory) that many of the rights are now pretty close to equalised through legislation amendments, my essays in Legal for same sex relationships were quite appraising of the legal systems response, always finishing with a big breakdown of the marriage equality issue as the final lasting failure. I could be wrong, but it is definitely close to an equal playing field in terms of legal entitlements (happy to be corrected by those more knowledgeable) ;D
Thanks so much Jamon! I think I'm taking the same approach in terms of appraising the law and then do a chunky paragraph on the marriage issue as everything else seems to add up.

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #974 on: June 16, 2017, 07:57:45 pm »
For Consumers option, does anyone have any good cases for the media response to consumer law for an essay qestion