Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:56:31 am

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 572733 times)  Share 

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #975 on: June 17, 2017, 01:32:37 pm »
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any cases that could relate to the care and protection of children.
They can be from any year as long as they were in Australia.

Thank you all.

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #976 on: June 17, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »
+1
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any cases that could relate to the care and protection of children.
They can be from any year as long as they were in Australia.

Thank you all.

The Keisha Abrahams case comes to mind straight away? Both the case of her murder but also the discussion surrounding the care she was in leading up to her death!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #977 on: June 17, 2017, 07:02:38 pm »
The Keisha Abrahams case comes to mind straight away? Both the case of her murder but also the discussion surrounding the care she was in leading up to her death!

Thank you so much Elyse, this will be super helpful!
If anymore come to mind be sure to send them over.
Thank you again.

damecj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #978 on: June 18, 2017, 10:31:06 pm »
Hey,
I was just wondering if you can use a R2P as a legal method in a Legal and Non legal method essay? Thanks

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #979 on: June 18, 2017, 11:09:31 pm »
Hey All,
For my topic of care and protection of children does anyone know of/have any legislations (reformed would be extra useful) that support or mention the topic within it.

Thank you

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #980 on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:29 pm »
+1
Hey,
I was just wondering if you can use a R2P as a legal method in a Legal and Non legal method essay? Thanks

Hey! You definitely can, it is a legal thing, you can reference how it has been seen in the UN response to world order issues! ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #981 on: June 18, 2017, 11:18:34 pm »
+1
Hey All,
For my topic of care and protection of children does anyone know of/have any legislations (reformed would be extra useful) that support or mention the topic within it.
Thank you

Hey hey! I've got my Family Law Summary Sheets available in the Notes section, they'll have a few useful bits and pieces for that section of the syllabus! ;D

CaitlinSavins

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #982 on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:57 am »
I have an in-class essay response to a seen question tomorrow on Shelter law, and I'm just writing a draft essay in preparation. Could someone please review my introduction? We've only gotten up to Leasing. It's a 25 mark question, too.

Question: Outline the process of securing shelter and assess the role of the legal system in protecting those securing and providing shelter.

Shelter refers to a fixed environment offering protection from weather and danger, and, under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) Article 25, is considered a human right. The Australian legal system has the responsibility to legislate protections for those seeking and providing shelter into law, and does so reasonably skilfully in regards to contract and tenancy laws. In protecting both landlords and vendors in comparison with tenants and buyers, the protections should be, and are, well appraised, as the law must balance the rights of both procurers and providers of shelter.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:43:36 am by CaitlinSavins »

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #983 on: June 19, 2017, 11:21:19 am »
Hey hey! I've got my Family Law Summary Sheets available in the Notes section, they'll have a few useful bits and pieces for that section of the syllabus! ;D

Thank you so much Jamon,
I will check them out. Anything is useful so thank you so much.

SSSS

• Forum Regular
« Reply #984 on: June 20, 2017, 05:28:35 pm »
Hey Guys, we just sat an in class essay for world order and I only had one form of evidence in my essay. Am I automatically out of the two bands? Personally I thought it was a good essay, but it just didn't have enough evidence and also some pointsa didn't have a judgement sentence. Where would my mark range?Thanks!

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #985 on: June 20, 2017, 06:32:54 pm »
+1
Hey Guys, we just sat an in class essay for world order and I only had one form of evidence in my essay. Am I automatically out of the two bands? Personally I thought it was a good essay, but it just didn't have enough evidence and also some pointsa didn't have a judgement sentence. Where would my mark range?Thanks!

That's a bit vague :( Do you mean by only 2 cases, law reforms etc throughout your entire essay?

The judgement is the crux to an legal essay. It's what your entire essay is based on. If you do not make a judgement that automatically puts you down a bit. I'd have to see the essay to judge but I sorry to say I wouldn't be expecting anything in the Band 6 range :(

Why did you think it was a good essay? What points did you think you did well?
Heavy Things :(

SSSS

• Forum Regular
« Reply #986 on: June 20, 2017, 06:51:36 pm »
Yeah only two cases, and it wasn't throughout. I did make judgements, but I didn't sum it up at the end except for the last point. I thought it was a good essay because I addressed all aspects of the question and my arguement was there, but the problem is it isn't supported through evidence.

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #987 on: June 20, 2017, 07:06:36 pm »
+1
Yeah only two cases, and it wasn't throughout. I did make judgements, but I didn't sum it up at the end except for the last point. I thought it was a good essay because I addressed all aspects of the question and my arguement was there, but the problem is it isn't supported through evidence.

You really do have to back anything you say with evidence otherwise it may not be valid. Hopefully you still do decent though.

I would write up a practice essay now and practice doing that. It'll definitely help you later on :)
Heavy Things :(

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #988 on: June 22, 2017, 08:55:57 pm »
Heyy Fam!

I was wondering if anyone has every been so organised that they have made a whole case/news article/ legislation document for Family Law they are willing to share and help a friend out? I have used the ones on the notes section but sorta need some more that also do explain a tad what each article/ case/ legisaltion is about. I normally am a tad more organized it is hust this has been a hectic week of assessments and my legal test is on monday so i dont have enough time to start writing and researching

My email is [email protected]
Your help is really appreciated

Thank you heaps in advance :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:24:11 pm by kiiaaa »

soha.rizvi1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #989 on: June 22, 2017, 10:25:01 pm »
Hi GUYS,

I just had a question, how does the lack of a concrete definition for Indigenous peoples cause injustice? Shouldn't it be good, that their is a lack of definition so that there is a more broad set of criteria to allow more people to identify as Aboriginal??

Thanks