Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 12:48:38 am

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 572892 times)  Share 

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #1380 on: September 30, 2017, 05:34:43 pm »
+4
Compliancy seems really easy in regards to human rights due to state sovereignty, but what about for crime? For example if the question was how does the CJS encourage compliancy regarding young offenders, what could you discuss?

i think you could look at the aim of the CJS for young offenders, which is mostly rehabilitation, versus actually sending people to jail. something like the youth justice conferences (i think that's what they're called) encourages the offender to reconsider their actions when faced with the victim, provoking remorse, and therefore, they aren't as likely to reoffend, as they feel bad for what they've done.

that's only one example; i'm sure if you look through your notes again you can find something else! best of luck for your hsc :-) x
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

phebsh

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #1381 on: September 30, 2017, 06:46:04 pm »
Hey, I wanted to know if I should really stop writing (or rather rewriting) my notes and start doing questions. For me, I really revise the content as I write my notes but I know that doing questions is super important. Any advice? Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:47:36 pm by phebsh »
2017 HSC
Advanced English ~ Advanced Mathematics ~ Biology ~ Business Studies ~ Legal Studies

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1382 on: September 30, 2017, 06:52:52 pm »
+4
Hey, I wanted to know if I should really stop writing (or rather rewriting) my notes and start doing questions. For me, I really revise the content as I write my notes but I know that doing questions is super important. Any advice? Thanks!

do some past papers, and as you go, write some stuff from the papers that you may/may not have in your notes - that way, you're doing two things at once!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #1383 on: October 01, 2017, 03:55:30 pm »
+2

I re-wrote my notes a lot - but I did this when I knew I was struggling to grasp all of the content. I then went on to answer essays by dot pointing my arguments and evidence for each to test my knowledge in relation to exam demands!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #1384 on: October 01, 2017, 03:55:58 pm »
+1
i think you could look at the aim of the CJS for young offenders, which is mostly rehabilitation, versus actually sending people to jail. something like the youth justice conferences (i think that's what they're called) encourages the offender to reconsider their actions when faced with the victim, provoking remorse, and therefore, they aren't as likely to reoffend, as they feel bad for what they've done.

that's only one example; i'm sure if you look through your notes again you can find something else! best of luck for your hsc :-) x

Also fantasticbeats - you're a legend.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

jaskirat

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1385 on: October 01, 2017, 05:54:46 pm »
+1
Hey guys, i was just preparing my World Order notes and i was just wondering, is it best to focus on all 4 contemporary issues or go indepth with just 1?

myyerr

• Adventurer
« Reply #1386 on: October 01, 2017, 07:15:24 pm »
Hello Legal Fam !! What are your predictions for Family essays this year? Child protection hasn't been asked for a while? & same-sex marriage looks relevant, (however was asked in 2014)

I wonder what your thoughts are?? Hope everyone is preparing well :)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1387 on: October 01, 2017, 07:25:09 pm »
+3
Also fantasticbeats - you're a legend.

hahahah thanks elyse, happy to help!!

Hey guys, i was just preparing my World Order notes and i was just wondering, is it best to focus on all 4 contemporary issues or go indepth with just 1?

hello! i don't do world order, but the same advice can be applied to all options :-) study all contemporary issues, because they could ask you about any of them! more often than not, they do specify which issue they'd like you to write about, and although there's another question, you can use contemporary issues to answer that one even though it doesn't say to write about a contemporary issue.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #1388 on: October 01, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »
+4
Hello Legal Fam !! What are your predictions for Family essays this year? Child protection hasn't been asked for a while? & same-sex marriage looks relevant, (however was asked in 2014)

I wonder what your thoughts are?? Hope everyone is preparing well :)
Hey,
My class actually looked through all of the past questions and worked on predictions the other day. For family we thought that Same sex could be a question because of it's relevance to today, or a question on the protection of children. We also thought that for the themes and challenges section, compliance and non-compliance has never been asked before. So, they are pretty close to what you have been thinking. :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

jaskirat

• Adventurer
« Reply #1389 on: October 01, 2017, 08:13:28 pm »
I had a look at past HSC legal world order questions and they didnt really specify the question on a certain contemporary issue, thats why i reckon it'd just be a waste of time studying all four, but im not sure tho :/

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #1390 on: October 01, 2017, 08:33:52 pm »
I had a look at past HSC legal world order questions and they didnt really specify the question on a certain contemporary issue, thats why i reckon it'd just be a waste of time studying all four, but im not sure tho :/

at the end of the day, it's your decision whether or not you want to study all 4 issues, but it's very much a possibility that they could specify issues (always is the case for my options)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #1391 on: October 01, 2017, 11:06:29 pm »
+7

I look at it this way...

If you study all four issues, you are broadly prepared for any question and go in assured that you'll be able to respond in even the worst case scenario! And you might spend a few extra hours.

Study just one, and they specify another - You've bombed a quarter of your marks in a completely avoidable scenario. To save a few hours.

Answer should be obvious I think! It's in the syllabus - Know it! That way you'll have no regrets ;D

Korrasami

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1392 on: October 02, 2017, 04:56:53 pm »
Anyone have any predictions for Consumer?

Mounica

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1393 on: October 02, 2017, 07:01:06 pm »
Hey Guys
i was wondering if in the HSC for the option topic world order, are one of the questions always on contemporary issues?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #1394 on: October 02, 2017, 07:14:17 pm »
Hey Guys
i was wondering if in the HSC for the option topic world order, are one of the questions always on contemporary issues?

Nooo not at all! Out of the past four years 2016 was the only one asking about a contemporary issue :)
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)