Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 12:28:56 am

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 572723 times)  Share 

emilybrooks99

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #1590 on: October 30, 2017, 08:09:13 pm »
Has anyone got any predictions for the crime mini essay, the family essay/s and the world order essay/s?

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1591 on: October 30, 2017, 08:21:28 pm »
What are the differences between restorative justice and youth justice conferencing?

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #1592 on: October 30, 2017, 08:25:31 pm »
+1
Do you know any other places other than ACEHSC and hsc past papers that have mc?

no, sorry :-( i got emailed random trial papers from my teacher, but i'm not exactly sure if it's legal to have them ahaha

What are the differences between restorative justice and youth justice conferencing?

i don't think there's any... in my notes, i've written that youth justice conferencing is referred to as restorative justice. anyone else have input on this?
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

Anfar3

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1593 on: October 30, 2017, 08:37:20 pm »
+1
Guys massive favour,

Do u guys mind posting unusual/weird stuff that usually catches ppl off guard in mcq (me in every legal exam for mcq). Like for example specific things about courts or that judicial guideline thing from last yr.

It'll be a massive help and will assist big time in not being thrown by mcqs which specifiy miniscule parts of the course.

Thanks!!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #1594 on: October 30, 2017, 08:38:27 pm »
+1
Do you know any other places other than ACEHSC and hsc past papers that have mc?
THSC have some!! (although some there are on ACEHSC as well).
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #1595 on: October 30, 2017, 08:43:38 pm »
+1
THSC have some!! (although some there are on ACEHSC as well).

Thankyou<3
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1596 on: October 30, 2017, 09:06:35 pm »
What are the main domestic measures for dealing with transnational crime?

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #1597 on: October 30, 2017, 09:13:44 pm »
+1
Does anyone have a structure for answering an adoption essay question ? Thanks
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

justdoit

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1598 on: October 30, 2017, 09:23:25 pm »
hey
how do australian tribunals protect human rights?

austv99

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1599 on: October 30, 2017, 09:47:10 pm »
Hi,
I'm really struggling to put together an essay plan and finding LCMs for technology as a contemporary issues in consumer option topic. If people have any to share, it would be very much appreciated. Also, notes for tribunals in consumer would be appreciated as well.

TIA

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #1600 on: October 30, 2017, 10:03:34 pm »
+5
What are the main domestic measures for dealing with transnational crime?

Jamon compiled a list of LCMIDs for international crime here https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=161174.0 , which included the Australian Federal Police Act 1919 (Cth) and the Treaty on Extradition Between Australia and the United States (1974), which you can find more about by clicking on that link :) Australian Crime Commission and Australian Federal Police in General also are domestic measures you could use. Have a look at the 2015 marking guidelines also which list some domestic legislation https://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/2015/guides/2015-hsc-mg-legal-studies.pdf

Does anyone have a structure for answering an adoption essay question ? Thanks

I usually do three LONG paragraphs for options so I would probably do

- the adoption process/it’s problems/right of the child and parents
- overseas adoption
- adoption by same sex couples

hey
how do australian tribunals protect human rights?

The Australian human rights committee is probably the most notable Australian tribunal in protecting hr, so I included their aim and mission in the spoiler below straight from humanrights.gov.au
Spoiler
2.5 How does the Australian Human Rights Commission protect and promote human rights?
(a) What is the Commission’s vision and mission?
The Australian Human Rights Commission is Australia’s national human rights institution. We have important responsibilities to promote and protect human rights. This is outlined in our new vision and mission. Click here to see the Commission’s Strategic Plan for 2008-2011.

Our vision:

Human rights: everyone, everywhere, everyday

Our mission:

Leading the promotion and protection of human rights in Australia by:

• making human rights values part of everyday life and language;
• empowering all people to understand and exercise their human rights;
• working with individuals, community, business and government to inspire action;
• keeping government accountable to national and international human rights standards;
• securing an Australian Human Rights Act.
We do this by:

• listening, learning, communicating and educating;
• being open, expert, committed and impartial;
• fostering a collaborative, diverse, flexible, respectful and innovative workplace.
Our strategic goals:

To achieve our vision and mission we will integrate the following five strategic goals into our work:

1. Leadership: We exercise a leadership role in human rights in Australia by being visible, courageous and influential on human rights issues.
2. Empowerment: We support and inspire others to engage in meaningful activity on human rights.
3. Education: We assist all people in Australia to understand and exercise their rights and to respect the rights of others.
4. Monitoring: We hold individuals, organisations and government responsible for their human rights obligations.
5. Innovation: We have a collaborative, innovative and supportive work culture that enhances the quality and impact of our work.
For more information about the Australian Human Rights Commission, click here.

(b) What does the Australian Human Rights Commission do?
The Commission was established in 1986 under the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act. Under that legislation, the Commission’s statutory responsibilities include:
• education and public awareness
• discrimination and human rights complaints
• human rights compliance
• policy and legislative development.
We do this through:
• handling complaints of discrimination or breaches of human rights under federal laws
• holding public inquiries into human rights issues of national importance
• developing human rights resources and education materials for schools, the media, workplaces and the community
• providing independent legal advice to assist courts in cases that involve human rights principles
• providing advice and submissions to parliaments and governments to develop laws, policies and programs
• undertaking and coordinating research into human rights and discrimination issues.

Hi,
I'm really struggling to put together an essay plan and finding LCMs for technology as a contemporary issues in consumer option topic. If people have any to share, it would be very much appreciated. Also, notes for tribunals in consumer would be appreciated as well.

TIA

Sorry but I don’t do consumers. Just thought I’d add you in to this also so it didn’t look like I was ignoring you hahaha!! Other people do though and I’m sure they will come to your rescue very soooon
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

austv99

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1601 on: October 30, 2017, 10:45:56 pm »
I've realised that in the option topics the style of questions have been relatively the same, offerring a broad and a specfic question, especially in family and consumer. However, in 2015, the questions were rather specific such that if I were in that exam I would not be able to write a complete essay. Do you reckon they will continue with the same style of questions into this year as they recently did again last year?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #1602 on: October 30, 2017, 11:07:03 pm »
I've realised that in the option topics the style of questions have been relatively the same, offerring a broad and a specfic question, especially in family and consumer. However, in 2015, the questions were rather specific such that if I were in that exam I would not be able to write a complete essay. Do you reckon they will continue with the same style of questions into this year as they recently did again last year?

I think they’ll do broad and specific again, but honestly, you never know what could happen so definitely prepare for both. Try find some LCMIDs that cover a whole range of topics so you’re safe!
HSC subjects

justdoit

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1603 on: October 30, 2017, 11:18:15 pm »
any predictions for the consumer law essay?

justdoit

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1604 on: October 31, 2017, 07:59:11 am »
hey
any predictions for consumer law essay?