Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 03:06:09 am

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 572741 times)  Share 

ruponti.atiq

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #1710 on: November 01, 2017, 11:41:15 am »
recent law reform for crime?

~BK~

• Trendsetter
  • "Bibia be ye ye"- all will be well!
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #1711 on: November 01, 2017, 11:44:11 am »
+1
recent law reform for crime?
did you see katie's amazing response here?
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

damecj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #1712 on: November 01, 2017, 11:45:22 am »
Hey,

For a straight conduct of hostilities question for WO, is it best to mention R2P as well? Sort of talk about how limitations of the Geneva convention and the barrier of state sovereignty led to R2P?

Any advice would be much appreciated :0

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #1713 on: November 01, 2017, 11:50:22 am »
Most successful/famous UNSC resolution in response to Libya??
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

Vinnnnnnyyyyyy

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1714 on: November 01, 2017, 11:52:02 am »
Does anyone have predictions for shelter and family?
2016:
Mathematics 2U - 96
Mathematics 3U - 92

2017:
English Advanced - 92
Legal Studies - 91
Economics - 88
Business Studies - 93

ATAR: 97.6

B Commerce/Law - UNSW

littleshreep

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1715 on: November 01, 2017, 11:53:38 am »
Any ideas about to write for a Crime question on the adversary system? It's one of the aspects of the syllabus that haven't really been questioned. All I can think of is a 'pros' and 'cons' kind of discussion but that doesn't seem good enough.

thanks in advance :)

Evanthia G

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1716 on: November 01, 2017, 12:00:25 pm »
What would you write in each paragraph on an essay about compliance and non-compliance with consumer laws?

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1717 on: November 01, 2017, 12:00:25 pm »
Difference between the UN Human Rights Committee vs UN HR Council?

~BK~

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1718 on: November 01, 2017, 12:02:26 pm »
for a reflection of changing values and ethical standards in regard to consumers question..
would i be able to include implying terms into contracts for the 'weaker party' and superior bargaining power or is this irrelevant?!  ???
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

littleshreep

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1719 on: November 01, 2017, 12:03:13 pm »
+3
Hey I was wondering how I could structure a response for changing nature of parental responsibility? It seems so broad!! Thanks heaps:)

some points that have come to my mind:
- 1995 family act reform --> changed terminology of parenting orders. You could extend this by talking about what the act entailed as well as influences that instigated the reform (Family Law Council report on Patterns of Parenting After Separation, ratification of UNCROC)
- family law amendment (shared parental responsibility) act 2006 (cth):
the rebuttable presumption that it is in the best interests of the child for the child's parents to have equal shared parental responsibility for the child.... but arguable in circumstances of the abuse of the child or another child/family violence
- legislation to do with same sex/de facto and allowing them to adopt maybe??

littleshreep

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1720 on: November 01, 2017, 12:06:10 pm »
+3
Difference between the UN Human Rights Committee vs UN HR Council?

The HR Committee reports compliance by nations signatory to the ICCPR and investigates violations in regards to that

The HR council is the UN's principal HR body and reports directly to the General Assembly. It examines situations of HR violations and make recommendations for action to the UN General Assembly.

~BK~

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1721 on: November 01, 2017, 12:11:55 pm »
+3
What would you write in each paragraph on an essay about compliance and non-compliance with consumer laws?
you could speak about how this is very little litigation in the area of consumer laws, especially compared to other civil law cases. then you may be able to go on and explain how this may be a case of the following factors:
-commitment to customer service- suppliers and manufacturers are normally willing to assist, repair and refund faulty products as this increases customer loyalty if they are helpful, and in the long run, contributes to their profitability, therefore businesses do seem willing. you can use some stats from the ACL infographic in this para! 
-effective advice, assistance and mediation services- businesses tend to comply with the law because assistance to consumers is so readily available. Refers to measures such as the NCAT here ;D
-effective enforcement mechanisms- product liability, class actions, mandatory standards and marketing practices are all covered in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and enforced by the ACCC. heaps of cases to use here. McPherson's Limited -v- Eaton & Ors [2005] NSWCA 435 is a good product liability one to prove that businesses are forced to comply with the law.

hope this helps ;D atb tomorrow
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

Evanthia G

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1722 on: November 01, 2017, 12:28:53 pm »
+1
you could speak about how this is very little litigation in the area of consumer laws, especially compared to other civil law cases. then you may be able to go on and explain how this may be a case of the following factors:
-commitment to customer service- suppliers and manufacturers are normally willing to assist, repair and refund faulty products as this increases customer loyalty if they are helpful, and in the long run, contributes to their profitability, therefore businesses do seem willing. you can use some stats from the ACL infographic in this para! 
-effective advice, assistance and mediation services- businesses tend to comply with the law because assistance to consumers is so readily available. Refers to measures such as the NCAT here ;D
-effective enforcement mechanisms- product liability, class actions, mandatory standards and marketing practices are all covered in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and enforced by the ACCC. heaps of cases to use here. McPherson's Limited -v- Eaton & Ors [2005] NSWCA 435 is a good product liability one to prove that businesses are forced to comply with the law.

hope this helps ;D atb tomorrow

Thankyou soo so much! Much appreciated and all the best to you too!  :D :D

Caraxyz

• Adventurer
« Reply #1723 on: November 01, 2017, 12:46:21 pm »
how would you write an essay about compliance and non-compliance in relation to family laws? we literally never learnt about that topic point in class, so i'm super confused.

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #1724 on: November 01, 2017, 01:06:23 pm »
Hey guys I found a tricky multiple choice Q:

Which of the following people is most likely to receive legal aid?

A) An accused with no prior offences who is pleading not guilty
B) A young offender who is pleading not guilty
C) An accused person with prior offences who is pleading guilty
D) An accused person with a mental illness

This doesn't have an answer sheet with it so i was wondering if I could have some help here. I think that the answer would be D. Legal aid has 3 tests, being a means, merit and jurisdiction; Can the person pay, can we win, is it in our jurisdiction is a simple way to know what these tests entail. Since D has a mental illness, they would be more likely to gain an acquittal, and I don't think the accused's intention to plead guilty has any bearing on legal aid. For that reason, I'd say D. However, it is pretty tricky and I don't have an answers sheet so if anyone could confirm that would help a lot!

EDIT: While I'm at it:

The High Court of Australia overturns a statute limiting welfare payments to Indigenous people on the grounds that the government is violating the law.
Which of the following best describes how human rights have been protected?

A) International law
B) Separation of Powers
C) Statute Law
D) Constitutional Law

I'd say it's B. The judiciary has overturned a decision made by the legislature.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:10:20 pm by rodero »
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!