Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 12:18:36 am

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 572887 times)  Share 

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #1800 on: November 01, 2017, 08:17:08 pm »
hey guys
can domestic violence be used as law reform for crime?

phebsh

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #1801 on: November 01, 2017, 08:25:54 pm »
+1
Hi! I just realised I have missed this question "assess the roles of alternative methods of sentencing" from the syllabus!! What exactly is this and what would I need to talk about? Thank you!

Hey, so I guess it means to discuss the regular (court) method of sentencing as well as circle sentencing and restorative justice and talk about whether you think one is more effective than the other, when each method is used and why, etc. Hope that helps a little? :)
2017 HSC
Advanced English ~ Advanced Mathematics ~ Biology ~ Business Studies ~ Legal Studies

~BK~

• Trendsetter
  • "Bibia be ye ye"- all will be well!
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #1802 on: November 01, 2017, 08:39:18 pm »
OH MY GOODNESS BLESS YOUR ANGELIC SOUL!!!!! <3

I feel your pain honestly... I've shared a google document with my class, would you like to check it out?
thanks for that, for some reason i could only get on to it and i couldnt log in  ???
but it all looks pretty amazing so far... only thing i did notice is remember that the workplace health and safety act 2011 replaced the occupational health and safety act 2000 <i think i noticed that you had talked about OHS somewhere, i may be wrong tho  ;)>
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

~BK~

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1803 on: November 01, 2017, 08:42:26 pm »
+4
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #1804 on: November 01, 2017, 08:46:25 pm »
+1
Hi! I just realised I have missed this question "assess the roles of alternative methods of sentencing" from the syllabus!! What exactly is this and what would I need to talk about? Thank you!

Circle Sentencing and Restorative Justice :)

Circle Sentencing is for adult indigenous Australians and has the full sentencing powers of the court, but is based on traditional methods of dispute resolution and Indigenous Customary Law. Restorative Justice is bringing together the offender and the victim, it gives the victim the opportunity to voice their experience and the offender can take responsibility for their actions. This first began in Wagga in 1991 :)

Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #1805 on: November 01, 2017, 08:49:17 pm »
+2
hey guys
can domestic violence be used as law reform for crime?

Certain things absolutely. Domestic violence itself is no law reform - but the way that evidence is delivered can absolutely be seen as law reform, and there's plenty of media articles from around 2015 onwards pushing for more changes regarding domestic violence, especially lead by Rosie Battie. So you might find some things there!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW

WOOOHOOO! Good luck and good night everyone. I'll be on tomorrow to put the answers to the paper up and to chat about the exam :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

littleshreep

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1806 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »
thanks for that, for some reason i could only get on to it and i couldnt log in  ???
but it all looks pretty amazing so far... only thing i did notice is remember that the workplace health and safety act 2011 replaced the occupational health and safety act 2000 <i think i noticed that you had talked about OHS somewhere, i may be wrong tho  ;)>

Hey, yeah so basically I split it into legal and non-legal, but since I couldn't find enough for the new Act in regards to legal, I just had a paragraph on what the old Act was, and then what differences the new Act brought.

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #1807 on: November 01, 2017, 08:53:00 pm »
I honestly have 15-25+ LCMID per essay planned and am trying to memorise it all, Ive done pretty well but there’s still a few I can’t remember because of course it’s heaps of stuff but it’s freakin me a little ahh!!

Should I try focus on really memorising the predicted things, and then a little less for others? Or equal for everything
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

littleshreep

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1808 on: November 01, 2017, 08:54:32 pm »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Xvn2rSVaWKMlUhSB6_ZxIdYDXi0DGhslpgkW_XFY08/edit?usp=sharing

~BK~

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1809 on: November 01, 2017, 08:58:36 pm »
WOOOHOOO! Good luck and good night everyone. I'll be on tomorrow to put the answers to the paper up and to chat about the exam :)
thanks so much for all your help elyse...
much appreciated and certainly didn't go unnoticed!!  ;D ;D
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

ACCC

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1810 on: November 01, 2017, 09:06:43 pm »
Hey, so I guess it means to discuss the regular (court) method of sentencing as well as circle sentencing and restorative justice and talk about whether you think one is more effective than the other, when each method is used and why, etc. Hope that helps a little? :)

Thank you! Yes it did!!

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1811 on: November 01, 2017, 09:10:05 pm »
For workplace, would you be able to discuss forced retirement for the contemporary issue of "leave" - its a stretch i know but im desperate
Also, do industrial awards cover minimum safety in the workplace?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:15:27 pm by sidzeman »

rachelmassar

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Rouse Hill Anglican College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #1812 on: November 01, 2017, 09:20:30 pm »
+1
I honestly have 15-25+ LCMID per essay planned and am trying to memorise it all, Ive done pretty well but there’s still a few I can’t remember because of course it’s heaps of stuff but it’s freakin me a little ahh!!

Should I try focus on really memorising the predicted things, and then a little less for others? Or equal for everything

OMG I'm literally thinking the same thing like I have so much to memorise and I'm bargaining with myself not to do it :/

bimberfairy

• Trendsetter
  • Dedicate the present to working on yourself
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #1813 on: November 01, 2017, 09:23:25 pm »
Hi guys! For the Option topics (I'm doing Workplace and Family), do they always have at least one of the questions related to the contemporary issues?
HSC 2017: Mathematics Extension | Mathematics Advanced | English Advanced | Biology | Legal Studies | Business Studies
2018: Bachelor of Commerce/Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) @ USYD

"Everyone's fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #1814 on: November 01, 2017, 09:41:30 pm »
hey guys
i was wondering - does sanction sfall under the use of force or persuation?
lol im sooo confused

thank you

Persuasion! ;D

Hey

For world order, what are some good points/arguments to make about rules regarding hostilities or international humanitarian law?
Kinda stumped on this one with legislation or treaties other than Hague/Geneva C.

Those would be your main two, you could bring in nuclear pretty easily, perhaps bring in some examples of recent interstate and intrastate conflicts? In general I normally argue that the rules are ineffective at preventing loss of life and the collapse of peace and security - Plenty of examples to back that up ;D

can trade unions be used as a non-legal measure to force companies to comply with the law? ???

Yes :)

prediction for shelter?

Law reform :)