Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:36:23 am

Author Topic: Year 9 electives  (Read 3523 times)

Dr. Peaches

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Year 9 electives
« on: July 18, 2022, 05:10:13 pm »
So... I'm currently in the stage of my education which I have some sort of control/independence over. With submissions closing early next month, I'm eager to start next year already, but I'm in seek of some advice.

I'm already keen on what I want to do after school, and in the next coming years also. But the trouble is I don't know what electives will benefit me crucially. Right now I'm in a dilemma with my last subject of choice. Currently, I have selected: ext. math, competitive sport, Physics, Food, and German.

But for you to get a better understanding of which subject you shall suggest I would have to tell you a bit about myself. I'm currently in year 8, I am a bit of a fitness fanatic as I tear up on the hockey turf and the boxing ring, to have fun and make memories with all my mates is important; I read a lot of poetry, cooking has to be my passion, I love exploring my surroundings, and anything to do by the water I cater to, and my idol is myself as anything that others find different I start to adore. Different is better than good, it's great.  later on, in my schooling journey, I would have to be destined to do system engineering, as I aspire to do electrical engineering/sparky as a career possibility. I'm quite the academic achiever with 32/40 (70-100%) at least on every test on every subject, my strengths rely on anything but English not to say I don't excel by standards, I'm heavily influenced by mathematics creating myself a problematic thinker, which explained my results from the end of last year placing top 15% out of year 10 students in maths (as a year 7 student without vehab program because I talk too much and we didn't have ext.)

u]All the electives are a semester each but Lote (language) and we have 6 semesters worth of electives (5 electives if you count lote), I would still have humanities and science general (English and math also) has a core but  :[/u]
Maths
9 EXTENSION MATHS
Elective 1
[9 COMPETITIVE SPORTS
Elective 2
9 PHYSICS
Elective 3
9 WIDE WORLD OF FOOD
Elective 4
---------------
Elective 5
9 GERMAN

Reserves:
Reserve 1
9 ENTERPRISING PEOPLE
Reserve 2
9 INTRO TO PYSCHOLOGY
Reserve 3
9 HEALTH & PERSONAL FITNESS
Reserve 4
9 MASTERING MULTIMEDIA

I have 1 elective left and I was thinking about whether I should do: Enterprising people (busman), psych, Visual Comm (architecture), or Chem. Make sure to leave your opinions broad and don't worry I will take everything as critical feedback :)