Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 08:56:25 am

Author Topic: Krischuffer's VCE Journal! Class of 2022  (Read 1160 times)

krischuffer

• Adventurer
  • hi everyone :D
  • Respect: +9
Krischuffer's VCE Journal! Class of 2022
« on: June 17, 2020, 02:55:38 pm »
+7
Hey everyone! This is my first ever post on here, and ive only really been browsing this site when I had questions/free time in class.
My names Kris, a simple 16 year old boy currently in Year 10, doing Units 1/2 Chemistry. Im actually just fresh out of a Chemistry test on Organic Chemistry and I reckon i did pretty well! (those pesky esters are annoying, but I got there in the end! :) )

A little bit about myself:
Im pretty simple I reckon. I really enjoy spending my time doing work, studying and learning new things. When Im not busy with that stuff, I watch a lot of movies, listen to a lot of music, bake some banana muffins, or play Animal Crossing on my switch.

My favourite subjects I would say would be English, Chemistry and Media. Im hoping to become either an English professor for Uni, or a lawyer of some sort. I like Media because I love films and cinematography, and I think I love Chemistry because it makes me think hard and challenges my brain.

Why a journal?
Im not too sure, but the more I spend here reading everyones experiences and struggles, it motivates me. I wanna do this because I wanna be able to track my progress and see how much I improve and change my views on the painful hell that is VCE.

What am I hoping to choose in Year 11?
Im hoping to do 3/4 Chemistry, 1/2 English Literature, 1/2 Legal Studies, 1/2 Media, and 1/2 Math Methods. In Year 12, Im hoping to pick up an extra 3/4 subject, but currently weighing up my options and considering what I want (and what I feel like I can do).

ATAR and SS goals?
Im hoping to get at least over 85, but preferably in around 90-95. Most of the subjects Im hoping to choose are getting scaled up (i think?), so if I put in the hardwork, I feel like I can do it. Hopefully I also get at least anything over 35 in all my subjects study scores.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats it! Im not really sure how this whole updating thing works, but Ill most likely update every time I have some sort of test, exam or big change. I hope anyone reading this has a very good day, feel free to message me (is that a thing? are there messages on this thing?) if you want someone to talk to or be friends! Bye!

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: Krischuffer's VCE Journal! Class of 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 03:11:36 pm »
+5
Hey, welcome to the forums!

Best of luck with your last chemistry test — I'm glad you're wise enough to see how pesky esters are ;) why did you choose to do chemistry early out of all subjects?

If you want to send a message on the forum there's a button right above your post. If you ever receive one, it'll show how many unread messages you have, such as Messages (1). Any questions please feel free to reach out! 🐢

🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

vehura

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 04:12:53 pm »
+5
Hey Kris! Welcome to the forums! I'm excited to see how your journey plays out.  ;D

What are some of your favourite films? I love film and cinematography too - it's amazing how colour and light adds a completely different meaning to a movie.

Look forward to reading your future entries.  :)
class of 2021
2020: psych (50)
2021: eng (50) lit (47)

parieeelol

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 04:26:34 pm »
+4
Hiya Kris! I too love banana muffins, and I love the fact that you play Animal Crossing.

Year 10 was such a great year, and it's full of so much support from school counsellors, and the Careers team - who mostly want you to do the best you can for next year. Looking forward to more journal entries :) (Psst, you sound like you're amazing in Chem, teach me your ways!)

krischuffer

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 09:42:40 am »
+1
Hey, welcome to the forums!

Best of luck with your last chemistry test — I'm glad you're wise enough to see how pesky esters are ;) why did you choose to do chemistry early out of all subjects?

If you want to send a message on the forum there's a button right above your post. If you ever receive one, it'll show how many unread messages you have, such as Messages (1). Any questions please feel free to reach out! 🐢

(Image removed from quote.)

Hi Calebark, thanks for the help! Im still trying to figure out the ropes here. As for Chemistry, well I had originally chosen VCE Biology, but there was no more spaces :(. I had already thought about doing VCE Chemistry later in Year 11, but the opportunity came, so i took it! Ironically enough, I now dont want to do Biology, i guess choosing Chem was a good choice after all! I was a bit scared going into it knowing it's a really hard subject, but Im enjoying Unit 1 so far!

krischuffer

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 09:46:08 am »
+1
Hey Kris! Welcome to the forums! I'm excited to see how your journey plays out.  ;D

What are some of your favourite films? I love film and cinematography too - it's amazing how colour and light adds a completely different meaning to a movie.

Look forward to reading your future entries.  :)

Hi Vehura! Thanks for the reply!

I think some of my favourite films are Inception, Interstellar, Life of Pi, Sound of Music, Parasite, and probably every single Wes Anderson movie you could think of, especially Fantastic Mr Fox. What are yours?

It really is amazing how different lighting, sound, camera angles, etc change the entire movie. Its part of the reason why I love Wes' movies, the way the camera is always at eye level and how he uses lighting is really amazing!

krischuffer

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 09:49:38 am »
+1
Hiya Kris! I too love banana muffins, and I love the fact that you play Animal Crossing.

Year 10 was such a great year, and it's full of so much support from school counsellors, and the Careers team - who mostly want you to do the best you can for next year. Looking forward to more journal entries :) (Psst, you sound like you're amazing in Chem, teach me your ways!)

Thanks so much for the reply! Im really looking forward to the rest of the year, but also so so excited to start getting into full-on VCE workload and being indulged in focus mode next year. Believe me I still struggle in Chemistry very much, but the notes here combined with Khan Academy, Crash Course and help from classmates definitely help a lot!

Do you play Animal Crossing as well? Its probably what takes up all my time when Im not working. Gotta make sure I check my turnip prices after all!