Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:41:20 am

Author Topic: Can I change a course after submitting my application.  (Read 1382 times)  Share 

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Can I change a course after submitting my application.
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:09:32 am »
Hi AN,

Yeppp the time has come for me to submit my VTAC application, and I really dont want to mess it up ah ha!

I hope this question isnt a silly and obvious one though - I'm still learning the world of VTAC.

So, after I submit my application I understand that I CAN change the preference order around.

But can I add and delete courses? For example, if theres a course that I want to replace with something else later down the track, am I able too?

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: Can I change a course after submitting my application.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 11:16:27 am »
+4
Yep you can add and delete courses as well as change the order before the specific date (I think for some courses it’s the 30th of September).
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 05:18:40 pm »
+1
Just remember, some courses have early closing dates - if you don't put them in before an earlier date they'll have closed. Also same goes for if you had them on the list then took them off.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 06:18:30 pm »
+5
Just wanted to add a couple of things on top of both replies above.

1. If you add a course that has additional criteria (ie aren’t just ATAR + adjustment entry) after the deadline for the additional criteria and did not do the additional criteria, then you will not be able to get into the course. For example, you didn’t do a performance for that Fine Arts course you decided on after Round 1 of offers, because you added the courses after the performance times were given/ the performances occurred already.
2. If you add a course between offer rounds, be very careful. Not all courses participate in all offer rounds. Some run out of places to offer in the first few rounds, so if you add one that doesn’t participate in subsequent rounds... there’ll be no offers to receive from that course. (I don’t remember if there’s a list of courses participating/ not participating in subsequent rounds, nor do I know where it is if that exists.)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 08:19:27 pm »
+3
2. If you add a course between offer rounds, be very careful. Not all courses participate in all offer rounds. Some run out of places to offer in the first few rounds, so if you add one that doesn’t participate in subsequent rounds... there’ll be no offers to receive from that course. (I don’t remember if there’s a list of courses participating/ not participating in subsequent rounds, nor do I know where it is if that exists.)

AFAIK, courses that do this are ones where everybody (or near everybody) accepted their first round offer. As such, there's not going to be a list, because it depends on who accepted what.

chem-nerd

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 07:21:53 pm »
+2
VTAC publishes a list of courses unlikely to make further offers (https://delta.vtac.edu.au/CourseApp/application/closedCoursesList.htm)

They also highlight those courses in RED when you try to add them to your list during Change of Preference windows.

A course’s absence from the list is not a guarantee that they will make further offers.  And a course flagged RED in one round might then be able to offer places in a following round.