Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 20, 2024, 07:14:28 pm

Author Topic: General Footy Tipping and Discussion Thread  (Read 266805 times)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: ATAR Notes Footy Tipping and Discussion
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2016, 10:54:55 pm »
What a game to honour a legend with a win.

Spoiler
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2016, 11:00:56 pm »
Did lol at the scabbed goal from the goal square.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2016, 12:08:44 am »
Did lol at the scabbed goal from the goal square.
😂😂😂😂😂
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2016, 12:12:01 am »
😂😂😂😂😂

Just reflects his career amirite?

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2016, 09:04:52 am »
Just reflects his career amirite?
Same here. As if you would take that, he wanted it. One of the headlines I read was ''Harvey the team player'' I lol'd so bad.
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2016, 11:48:46 am »
Reasons why the MCG is better than Etihad:
- More space
- It has a soul
- Better viewing
- Hell's Bells before the Dees run out
- No Brenden offering unwanted snacks
- Less likely to watch North

Reasons why Etihad is better than the MCG:
- Sometimes warmer

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2016, 03:38:42 pm »
My tips thank Lynch for missing that one after the siren ^_^

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »
9/9 tips, exact margin guessed for Geel v WB game. A great week for my tipping :)

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2016, 07:59:09 pm »
''I feel (more so I'd prefer it) that the top 8 is not locked up.
I REALLY really really really want to see North Melbourne out of the finals chase.
I personally don't think that they deserve to be there. I'd love it if Melbourne or Port could knock them off. With 4 matches remaining, hoping North don't win another game for the season.'' - Likes 74 from AFL FB
Unlike · Reply · 74 ·

Thoughts everyone????

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2016, 08:02:08 pm »
Reasons why the MCG is better than Etihad:
- More space
- It has a soul
- Better viewing
- Hell's Bells before the Dees run out
- No Brenden offering unwanted snacks
- Less likely to watch North

Reasons why Etihad is better than the MCG:
- Sometimes warmer

Hahahaha this has just made my day!!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »
''I feel (more so I'd prefer it) that the top 8 is not locked up.
I REALLY really really really want to see North Melbourne out of the finals chase.
I personally don't think that they deserve to be there. I'd love it if Melbourne or Port could knock them off. With 4 matches remaining, hoping North don't win another game for the season.'' - Likes 74 from AFL FB
Unlike · Reply · 74 ·

Thoughts everyone????

We'll win against Dogs on Sat night. Are you just trying to engage in the North bashing again cos we beat u last week lol? :P

I reckon we've got a good chance of winning all 4 games tbh. We pretty much have home ground advantage to all but the Hawks game at the MCG.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2016, 10:42:29 pm »
We'll win against Dogs on Sat night. Are you just trying to engage in the North bashing again cos we beat u last week lol? :P

I reckon we've got a good chance of winning all 4 games tbh. We pretty much have home ground advantage to all but the Hawks game at the MCG.
Haha I'm still scarred because of that.

This next 4 weeks as well as the finals will be a big challenge for NM. They have been the most under-rated time this whole season, if they can actually do what you say and end up reaching the GF or even better, then they'll prove everyone wrong.

If they don't I seriously think Brad Scott should go he has had so much time. IMHO, NM for years have been a very good team but have never been able to reach that next step. They are getting old as well, they aren't a young team, don't have any prodigies like Darcy Moore/Joe Daniher/Marcus Bontempelli.

Wondering what you think. You for the whole season have complained because NM have been under-rated so much. Do you still think they will win the premiership and prove everyone wrong?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2016, 11:00:06 pm »

This next 4 weeks as well as the finals will be a big challenge for NM. They have been the most under-rated time this whole season, if they can actually do what you say and end up reaching the GF or even better, then they'll prove everyone wrong.

If they don't I seriously think Brad Scott should go he has had so much time. IMHO, NM for years have been a very good team but have never been able to reach that next step. They are getting old as well, they aren't a young team, don't have any prodigies like Darcy Moore/Joe Daniher/Marcus Bontempelli.

Wondering what you think. You for the whole season have complained because NM have been under-rated so much. Do you still think they will win the premiership and prove everyone wrong?

1. I have always thought that Darren Crocker was a better coach than Brad Scott (this is definitely not to say Brad has been bad, because I think he's been great as well.. building a team that was shithouse into a finals contender). I think the main issue is the old players and the lack of experience that is being given to the young guys. The current list of injuries that we still have is concerning, but it allows for the emerging players to get some game time under their belt (e.g. Ryan Clarke has been awesome for us in his 3 games played). Issues such as Jarrad Waite continuing to injure himself at the most inconvenient times is worrying for finals hopes. Even if we get Shaun Higgins, Jacobs etc back before finals, they have been out for so long and will need time to get back into things.

2. The older players need to go. Mason Wood, Majak Daw, Ryan Clarke, Corey Wagner, Trent Dumont and all those younger players are our future and we need to slowly start transitioning out the older players for the younger ones. I just look at the lack of speed in our team and think.. this could be bolstered by young talent.

3. Everyone has been proven wrong in the past 2 occasions now, so to say they won't get to at least the same stage again this year is a far fetched view. We eliminated top teams whilst sitting in 8th during the finals series, so who's to say it won't happen again? All you have to do is look at the defeats that the major teams in the top 8 have had, and some really close calls. For example, Hawks played absolutely shit against us at Etihad back a month ago (the only reason they didn't get absolutely hammered was our lack of goal kicking - too many behinds/inaccuracies). GWS defeated by Collingwood, Hawks AND Swans nearly being beaten by Carlton... etc.

The point i'm trying to make here is that on any given day, any of the top 8 teams can defeat anyone. We've got the experience of being the underdogs + coming from that 6-8 ladder range when finals arrive to defeat teams (defeating teams when it matters the most). When it matters the most is an interesting point too, given the last 2 games (StKilda and Collingwood) where our finals chances have been threatened and we've fought back.

Also just another point quickly... I don't rate GWS highly at all. They have never played a final and i'll be surprised if they don't get knocked out in straight sets.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:14:56 pm by Aaron »

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2016, 11:08:48 pm »
Same here. As if you would take that, he wanted it. One of the headlines I read was ''Harvey the team player'' I lol'd so bad.
Rubbish. He ignored Buddy Franklin level deals to move to Carlton, Hawthorn - could've been a 5 time premiership player with the latter. Toiled hard at the Roos with no premiership reasonably in short-term sights for a long time. Definitely wanted the goal, but at the end of the day, it was a hilarious, and a good bit of fun - what footy's about.

Brad Scott's been top notch imo. Dean Laidley was 100% right to give it up - did the right thing by the club - Brad Scott's developed a really robust team that's a legitimate chance of winning premierships - something that probably hasn't been the case since Wayne Carey left the club. He has had so much time - yes, 7 years, but he's achieved 4 final series including this year - 2 prelims, one of them a solid shot at winning in hostile territory. Potentially another to come... He's no Hardwick. Great player retention, membership records broken yearly. There's a lot right about NMFC, and a lot right about Brad Scott.

As for the list - I think we're looking good. Luke McDonald is as good a young defended as any. Trent Dumont will be an inside bull, with Ryan Clarke a ball magnet and Mason Wood, Ben Brown, Aaron Black all high-quality forwards.

Can we win the Premiership? If we finish in the top four, which seems unlikely, we have a very real chance. Keep in mind that Wright, Jacobs, Higgins, McDonald make the team very, very dangerous come finals. We'd beat any interstate team in Melbourne, and could reasonably expect to beat Geelong (could also reasonably expect to lose), Hawthorn... Well... You know.

But probably not- slim chances of top 4 finish, but definitely a possibility... At least mathematically.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2016, 11:04:36 pm »
Brad Scott has had a long time, he has gotten NM to a really good standard but has struggled to take them to the next step (premiership). The team now is old and I don't see them winning another premiership with the players they have now. I also agree with Aaron Crocket is better than Scott and tbh Scott will need to go as well as major adjustments in the current team for a premiership.

''He's no Hardwick'' - One bad year and I don't understand why people have so much hate on him. I heard today that Richmond have only made finals like 5 times in the last 20 years and 3 of them were through Hardwick.