Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:33:07 pm

Author Topic: Any tips for new comers to Psychology 3/4?  (Read 5678 times)  Share 

mad_maxine

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
  • School: A random school
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: Any tips for new comers to Psychology 3/4?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 10:52:08 pm »
I also did Psych as a 3&4 in year 11 this year. Doing it alongside methods 3&4 I hardly did any work but still managed to feel confident before sac and exams. My main tips are:
- Sometimes the theory is a bit confusing (not much though, usually its quite straightforward.) Go home and just read the textbook, or find key ideas read some notes people put up here.
- When you have quite a while before the next sac its good to do some mid-term revision and just write a glossary to make sure you are own track with all the terms.
- Before each sac make notes on key terms and details about them. Buy checkpoints and do the questions for the topic. Do the end of chapter questions in your text book. Thats all you really need to do.
- Before the exam go over each topic a day in the term 3 holidays, using your notes from sacs (or make new ones, easier to use the ones from throughout the year) then start doing any questions you can get your hands on, every few nights commit another topic to memory. Do it slowly over the month.
- Otherwise just enjoy psych, its a very interesting subject with minimal workload. Something that really helped me was just talking over the concepts with the teacher, or other students so you can really get your head around it.
In the end, its just a lot of information that can be characterised into simple terms and details. Organisation is the key. Enjoy, I would recommend psych to everyone

Appreciate the advice :D
What would you recommend doing over the summer holidays for psych?

rebec28

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: Any tips for new comers to Psychology 3/4?
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 11:53:27 pm »
I didn't really do anything, but if I had my time again perhaps just read through some chapters (maybe research methods) to become familiar with the information. I don't think you need to go overboard, just do what makes you feel comfortable