Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 09:44:01 pm

Author Topic: Well That Was Shit: What To Do If You Messed Up Paper 1  (Read 15710 times)

kavinila

• Trailblazer
  • School: Strathfield Girls HS
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Well That Was Shit: What To Do If You Messed Up Paper 1
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 06:59:01 pm »
Hey! I reckon Jamon has you covered in his Paper 2 Preparation article! Check it out :)

will do! thankyou :)

hungrybubbles

• Adventurer
  • School: Clarence Valley Anglican School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 07:01:46 pm »
I talked about text 2 and 3 in d) when text 4 was specified :'( apparently i can still get3-4 marks out of 6 if i nailed those texts??? aah :"(

mzaria

• Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 07:18:44 pm »
I found the exam quite hard. In the order I completed things: S1 (one question, then stumped), S2, S1, S3. My creative slotted in almost perfectly with the stimulus but I didn't see that I had to use it as the 'key location'. I wrote down the stimulus I wanted to use but then decided to change my mind after but I didn't change what I wrote so... hopefully the marker won't keep referring back to that stimulus (?) I used it metaphorically instead... so... This section 1 was definitely the most difficult section 1 I've encountered in the last 2 years! I found it was struggle to locate the specific techniques they wanted in the contrast question!!! For the essay, I managed to smash it out in the last 15 minutes (my time management stuffed up because I was so darn stumped from section 1). I'm only disappointed in my seat since I was to the very left and right at the front and couldn't see the clock properly, and there was a really cold draft that made me snap out of concentration a lot. My other disappointment is my crappy conclusion. But I'm just going to focus on the paper 2 now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:21:10 pm by mzaria »
ATAR goal: >80
(or over 69 since I applied for SRS)

Subjects:
- Advanced English
- Mathematics
- Mathematics extension 1
- Ancient history
- Modern history
- History extension
- Legal studies

Course: Combined bachelor of Visual communications and International studies (ATAR of 94 ish)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 08:51:07 pm »
I talked about text 2 and 3 in d) when text 4 was specified :'( apparently i can still get3-4 marks out of 6 if i nailed those texts??? aah :"(

I do think you will get some marks, not sure of the process here, but don't let it stress you out! Done now, pretend it never happened! ;D

I found the exam quite hard. In the order I completed things: S1 (one question, then stumped), S2, S1, S3. My creative slotted in almost perfectly with the stimulus but I didn't see that I had to use it as the 'key location'. I wrote down the stimulus I wanted to use but then decided to change my mind after but I didn't change what I wrote so... hopefully the marker won't keep referring back to that stimulus (?) I used it metaphorically instead... so... This section 1 was definitely the most difficult section 1 I've encountered in the last 2 years! I found it was struggle to locate the specific techniques they wanted in the contrast question!!! For the essay, I managed to smash it out in the last 15 minutes (my time management stuffed up because I was so darn stumped from section 1). I'm only disappointed in my seat since I was to the very left and right at the front and couldn't see the clock properly, and there was a really cold draft that made me snap out of concentration a lot. My other disappointment is my crappy conclusion. But I'm just going to focus on the paper 2 now.

Sounds great mzaria, best of luck for tomorrow! ;D