Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:28:02 am

Author Topic: $45/hour -- VCE Biology tutoring in 2017 [50 SS + Bio Olympiad]  (Read 1355 times)  Share 

rice

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2014
$45/hour -- VCE Biology tutoring in 2017 [50 SS + Bio Olympiad]
« on: November 29, 2016, 06:36:33 pm »
+5
Hey folks! I'm looking to take on some Bio 3/4 students for the 2017 school year.

About me

-- My name is John
-- I completed VCE in 2014
-- I'm studying a Bachelor of Biomedicine at Melb Uni, majoring in immunology

Credentials

-- 50 in VCE Biology (2013)
-- First place in Australian Biology Olympiad team selection (2014)
-- Silver medal at the International Biology Olympiad (2014)
-- I have a valid VIC Working With Children Check [Employee] and ABN (= I am legit)

Teaching experience (2015 to present)

-- Senior Lecturer for Connect Education: I've run revision workshops and lectures for several hundred students, with a 100% recommendation rate.
-- Staff member of the Australian Science Olympiads: I teach undergraduate level biology at the annual Olympiad selection camp, held at ANU, and also write exam questions.
-- SWOT Masterclass facilitator and SWOT Week tutor (volunteer)

========

Either at the State Library (CBD) or at the University of Melbourne (Parkville), whichever is your preference.

AVAILABILITY

To be confirmed (based on my 2017 uni timetable) but let me know your preferred days/times. Weekends and weeknights should be mostly fine. Generally I tutor on a regular basis - weekly or fortnightly. I am also happy to do once-off casual sessions during the year (e.g. before SACs, before the exam, whenever) but I may charge more for these (negotiable).

COST* (Discounted rates for sign-ups before Jan 2017)

-- $50 $45 per hour for one-on-one sessions
-- $40 $35 per student per hour for a group of 2
-- $30 $25 per student per hour for groups of 3 or more

* If you are experiencing financial hardship and/or attend an underrepresented school, let me know and we can may be able to work something out (i.e. discounts). I want to help you reach your potential regardless of your circumstances, not rip you off.

FIND ME

Email me at [email protected] if you're interested or would like to know more. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:48:03 pm by rice »
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is that you can never be sure of their validity." - Abraham Lincoln