Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 03:47:15 pm

Author Topic: How many practice exams should I do in 6 days?  (Read 767 times)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
How many practice exams should I do in 6 days?
« on: November 05, 2021, 07:16:56 pm »
Hey guys,
I got my final exam in 6 more days and I was wondering, is it worth doing 15+ practice exam in the remaining days. I got to admit I done quite a lot (35+ practice exams this whole year), but I don't want to leave any out since I really want a high study score in this subject.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:28:10 pm by Stormbreaker-X »

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
Re: How many practice exams should I do in 6 days?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 07:49:00 pm »
Hey guys,
I got my final exam in 6 more days and I was wondering, is it worth doing 15+ practice exam in the remaining days. I got to admit I done quite a lot (35+ practice exams this whole year), but I don't want to leave any out since I really want a high study score in this subject.
What benefits do you see from doing 15 practice exams in the last 6 days?

It seems like you have prepared well, 35 exams is a good amount and most of the learning you will get will be from the first few practice exams.
Maybe you could do a few of those practice exams but just skim the rest e.g. just read through the questions, think about what you would answer in your head/working out and if you are not sure about a question then try to properly do it. That is what I usually did the day before an exam without doing a whole exam.

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
Re: How many practice exams should I do in 6 days?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:20:35 pm »
I took a simmilar approach when studying for the olympiad, I eneded up getting so sick of them I actually felt naseous when looking at them. Doing a couple more most definetely wont' hurt, it would be best to do them timed and really examine/try out different methods for how you attack the exam ie plans for reading time, doing extended or short answer first and just building some stamina for the real thing. But doing 2+ a day? Waste of time, just go over past practice exams and sacs, notes, do some more memorizing if need be and then do maybe 3 more or something to just really feel confident adress more gaps.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.