Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 10:00:22 am

Author Topic: The pros and cons of VCE English  (Read 41416 times)  Share 

Odette

VCE English
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 02:35:58 pm »
Quote from: "Khangfu"
Stupid policy. English should be moderated better somehow. Too many flaws in the system. It does well to moderate harsh sac markers and easy sac markers. BUT TI DOESN'T HELP AGAINST RETARDS. MY TEACHER GAVE A GIRL A HIGH A+ AND HER ESSAYS HAS THE WORD "I". I BELIEVE ETCE ETC ETC ETC. GOD DAM IT MAKES ME ANGRY THAT I HAVE A RETARDED TEACHER. IN ONE INSTANCE I WROTE A PRE WRITTEN ESSAY WHICH MY TUTOR SAID WAS AWESOME. MY TEACHER ACCUSED ME OF MAKING EVENTS UP IN THE NOVEL. YET WHEN WE HAVE CLASS DISCUSSION I MAKE THINGS UP IN THE BOOK ALL THE TIME AND HE SAYS "GOOD INSIGHT", YET WHEN IM NOT BEING RETARDED HE STARTS ACTING MORE IDIOTIC DEN USUAL. I DOUBT HE EVEN READS THE TEXT WE STUDY, ALL HE DOES IS STUDY GUIDES. FFS I HAVE TO INCLUDE PAGE NUMBERS OF QUOTES FOR MY ESSAY AND IF I DON'T HAVE THEM I GET A BAD GRADE. WHEN MY WORK GETS CROSS MARKED I GET AN A+, OR AT WORST A (I KNOW BECAUSE OTHER TEACHERS TELL MY SISTER MY MARKS WHILE THEY ARE CROSS MAKING). IF THE SYSTEM WAS SO GOOD WHY AM I IN THIS SITUATION ( ON THE VERGE OF FAILING ENGLISH). Well thats my rant.

Lol relax mate, take a deep breath... I hate my english teacher too, she practically does nothing, and expects us to prepare SACs and the exam on our own, we had no SAC preparation this year. Well anyways all i wanted to say is that my teacher is one lazy cow, all she does is apply her make up and read magazines in our classes... Ahh i feel so much better saying that lol

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
VCE English
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 02:43:32 pm »
Quote from: Khangfu
Stupid policy. English should be moderated better somehow. Too many flaws in the system. It does well to moderate harsh sac markers and easy sac markers. BUT TI DOESN'T HELP AGAINST RETARDS. MY TEACHER GAVE A GIRL A HIGH A+ AND HER ESSAYS HAS THE WORD "I". I BELIEVE ETCE ETC ETC ETC. GOD DAM IT MAKES ME ANGRY THAT I HAVE A RETARDED TEACHER. IN ONE INSTANCE I WROTE A PRE WRITTEN ESSAY WHICH MY TUTOR SAID WAS AWESOME. MY TEACHER ACCUSED ME OF MAKING EVENTS UP IN THE NOVEL. YET WHEN WE HAVE CLASS DISCUSSION I MAKE THINGS UP IN THE BOOK ALL THE TIME AND HE SAYS "GOOD INSIGHT", YET WHEN IM NOT BEING RETARDED HE STARTS ACTING MORE IDIOTIC DEN USUAL. I DOUBT HE EVEN READS THE TEXT WE STUDY, ALL HE DOES IS STUDY GUIDES. FFS I HAVE TO INCLUDE PAGE NUMBERS OF QUOTES FOR MY ESSAY AND IF I DON'T HAVE THEM I GET A BAD GRADE. WHEN MY WORK GETS CROSS MARKED I GET AN A+, OR AT WORST A (I KNOW BECAUSE OTHER TEACHERS TELL MY SISTER MY MARKS WHILE THEY ARE CROSS MAKING). IF THE SYSTEM WAS SO GOOD WHY AM I IN THIS SITUATION ( ON THE VERGE OF FAILING ENGLISH). Well thats my rant.

Maybe you're not as good at english as you think.

If you are, you'll get a good exam mark, and your sac marks will count for shit anyway. Problem solved.

Khangfu

VCE English
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 02:44:18 pm »
But dude... When hhe gave me a sample essay of what was, in his opinion an a+ i basically lost it and yelled out WTF. The ""I Believes" all over the essay was the last straw. I got into trouble cause a teacher caught me cussing after englsih class. XD

Odette

VCE English
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 02:45:32 pm »
But dude... When hhe gave me a sample essay of what was, in his opinion an a+ i basically lost it and yelled out WTF. The ""I Believes" all over the essay was the last straw. I got into trouble cause a teacher caught me cussing after englsih class. XD

Lol haha funny

Khangfu

VCE English
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 02:46:06 pm »
Quote from: goosefraba

Maybe you're not as good at english as you think.

If you are, you'll get a good exam mark, and your sac marks will count for shit anyway. Problem solved.

DUDE. WHO THE ^%@#$*&@#$ GIVES A A+ to an essay with the statement "I Believe" all over it? You tell me that first.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
VCE English
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 02:46:11 pm »
Why am I the only one whose quote function never works!!

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
VCE English
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 02:47:17 pm »
I have been investigating this mystery, and I cannot find an answer. But don't worry, I will be upgrading the forums after VCE. I will most likely buy a professional software package which will be utterly spiffing. Hang tight until then. :)

Khangfu

VCE English
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 02:48:07 pm »
BTW does the sacs really count for 50% of your study? Are the rumors true that if you don't get an a average in your sacs you get a low 30?

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
VCE English
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 02:48:47 pm »

DUDE. WHO THE ^%@#$*&@#$ GIVES A A+ to an essay with the statement "I Believe" all over it? You tell me that first.

Well I didn't read this essay, for all I know it could have been very good. There isn't actually a VCAA rule that says you can't say 'I believe'.

Like I said, the exam will even it out, if you really are being treated unfairly. if.

Odette

VCE English
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 02:51:47 pm »
BTW does the sacs really count for 50% of your study? Are the rumors true that if you don't get an a average in your sacs you get a low 30?

I know that SACs make up 50% of your study score. As for the rumors im not sure lol, my friend didnt have a SAC score of A, and she got 34 :P hehe

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
VCE English
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 02:54:42 pm »
Quote from: Odette
I know that SACs make up 50% of your study score.

Which will be adjusted according to your exam score.

Odette

VCE English
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 02:55:48 pm »
Quote from: "goosefraba"
Quote from: "Odette"
I know that SACs make up 50% of your study score.

Which will be adjusted according to your exam score.

Yep :)

Khangfu

VCE English
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 02:57:25 pm »
Quote from: Odette

I know that SACs make up 50% of your study score. As for the rumors im not sure lol, my friend didnt have a SAC score of A, and she got 34 :P hehe

thats what im afraid off. I want a 36-38 at least XD

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
VCE English
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 02:58:11 pm »
That quote bug is really freaking annoying. :( Stupid phpBB. I wonder why it doesn't work.

Khangfu

VCE English
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 02:59:24 pm »
Doesn't matter. Site is still better then BoS anyway.