Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 08:56:35 am

Author Topic: Has anyone done Unilearn Senior Mathematics?  (Read 4254 times)  Share 

uni_student

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Has anyone done Unilearn Senior Mathematics?
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:02:47 pm »
I didn't do Methods at school (only further) but would like to transfer to Unimelb Science/Biomedicine. I therefore need to enrol in Unilearn Senior Maths. Does anyone here have any experience of the course or know how manageable it would be? What are the exams like? I did pretty well in further maths but don't consider myself the best at maths, so I'm wondering if it would be too challenging to teach myself.
Thanks!!

cblossom

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Has anyone done Unilearn Senior Mathematics?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 04:42:03 pm »
I'm planning on doing unilearn senior maths too (next semester) as I want to transfer into bCom at UoM. Hopefully we get some feedback on people who have already done it... I also am anxious that it will be really difficult...

Ronw2233

Re: Has anyone done Unilearn Senior Mathematics?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:16:55 pm »
I'm doing it!

I haven't completed it yet, but I can tell you my opinions of it. I only did further too and never did methods.

-There's not a lot of questions to practice in the books they provide, and math is one of those subjects where practice is one of the most effective ways for you to be better at it.
-I didn't do this but maybe find some checkpoints books for methods (borrow it off someone or the library, or buy it) and that may help.
-Someone told me the content is pretty much the same to VCE methods.
-I don't think the way they explain things is good at all, but I understand it haha.
-I think it's pretty hard but in my opinion still manageable. I did okay in further with 90 something % usually and with this I get around 75~%.
-I think it's hard to say that if you're good at further will mean that you're going to be good at this because the content is very, very different, even though both are math. 
-BUT if you're on the lower side of further though, I personally will highly recommend not doing this.

I think you can also choose an elective at uni to cover up as a methods equivalent as well; many universities have that but you have to contact melb uni if they accept it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:19:53 pm by serena.y »