Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 11:55:05 am

Author Topic: ERA  (Read 817 times)  Share 

mikehepro

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +14
  • School: Beaconhills College
  • School Grad Year: 2014
ERA
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:01:31 pm »
Hey guys, I just started unit 2 psychology and we were asked to do a Empirical Research Activity as our first SAC. It's based on an attiude toward (a topic of ur choice). Anyone have any tips how to do a good ERA and what topic should I choose???
2015: UoM BSci

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +63
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: ERA
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 02:01:16 pm »
Well, ERA's should have an aim, hypothesis, IV & DV, population, sample etc...

However, there are requirements as to what should be listed in an ERA that should be specified by your teacher - for example, you may not be asked to provide background info on the topic, but instead, head straight into the method. Do you have a list of what your teacher wants as the subheadings for your ERA?

An attitude topic - attitude towards teen fashion perhaps...you can ask your classmates (male and female) how they feel about different aspects of clothing, linking it to how it strengthens or weakens an attitude.

Good luck:)
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne (II) 2014-2016
Follow me on my blog

mikehepro

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »
 That was very helpful, so it's pretty much like a prac report but with research and things like survey included. Thanks, starfish

mikehepro

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 05:45:29 pm »
Say, I'm thinking about doing people's attiude on global warming, what attiude would that reflect? Out of 10 of my classmates 8 think it will srsly impact their life in the next 10 years.

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +63
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 05:46:02 pm »
I'm not too sure what you mean by "what attitude would that reflect?"

* could reflect positive/negative attitude depending on specific statement made by individual (e.g. global warming is bad because rising sea levels due to increased temperature is a threat to arctic life such as penguins). I'm assuming that your statement for the ERA would be something along the lines of "global warming is bad or good"

* 8/10 classmates say that global warming has an impact on their lives - is this a positive or negative impact? I'm guessing negative, since the media has done a thorough job at portraying global warming as bad so majority of people would tend to vouch for GW as being bad...assuming that 8/10 therefore dislike/have negative attitude towards global warming, it is more likely to strengthen existing attitudes of these 8 individuals, play a factor (it won't change all on its own) in changing the other 2 peoples' attitudes and if you added another person to the group of 10 - that individual would like to conform to the rest - more likely to agree with the negative attitude to global warming
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne (II) 2014-2016
Follow me on my blog

mikehepro

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 07:06:01 pm »
That's sooooo useful. Cheers starfish. Thanks for all the help