Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:23:34 pm

Author Topic: Donut's VCE Journal :')  (Read 982 times)

Donut

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Donut's VCE Journal :')
« on: September 02, 2019, 11:14:01 pm »
+10
Hello everyone ^-^
Bit late in the year but I thought I would start a journal so that instead of procrastinating by reading other people's journals, I could procrastinate by writing my own. I have a SAC in approximately 10 hours so I'll make this quick.

A lil' bout me:
I am currently in year 11, making me apart of the class of 2020
I go to a school ranked ~200 (so don't expect outstanding scores haha)

Subjects this year:
The 3/4 subjects I'm doing this year are methods and biology (very original pair I know).
Methods: Averaging a 90% in my SAC score which makes me hypeeeeeed. The content is pretty boring because of how similar it is to last year but probability looks fun.
Biology: Not doing as well but I'm around the average in my cohort. In terms of content, this subject is way more enjoyable to me then methods. Also unit 4 > unit 3.
I am also doing 4 1/2 subjects which you can find out about next year ;)

Goals:
Methods: 40-45
Biology: Hopeful for a 40+ but being the pessimist I am, I don't see it happening.

Plans after VCE:
I've been hearing this constantly for the past year and honestly, I don't know. I am leaning towards med but, I'm still deciding.

Interests:
I've been really into drawing for these past couple years. I might even share my work here sometime.
I've also recently been into puzzles and riddles for some reason. If y'all got any riddles feel free to post them here and I'll attempt to solve them.

I'll probably do an update after my SAC.
If you got any questions feel free to post them.
good night.
if there are any mistakes, then my bad

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
Re: Donut's VCE Journal :')
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 07:04:04 am »
+5
Hey Donut!

I have a SAC in approximately 10 hours so I'll make this quick. 
When I saw this, I looked at the time it was posted and literally gasped. Are you getting enough sleep?
Methods: Averaging a 90% in my SAC score which makes me hypeeeeeed. The content is pretty boring because of how similar it is to last year but probability looks fun.
Biology: Not doing as well but I'm around the average in my cohort. In terms of content, this subject is way more enjoyable to me then methods. Also unit 4 > unit 3.
Awesome scores for methods! It's the complete opposite of me!  I'm doing way better in biology than methods.  From a fellow buddy who is struggling with methods, do you have any techniques which you use  to consolidate your understanding of the concepts?

I am also doing 4 1/2 subjects which you can find out about next year ;)

Ooo, keeping the suspense up. Love it!
I've been hearing this constantly for the past year and honestly, I don't know. I am leaning towards med but, I'm still deciding.
What draws you to medicine?

Well, it was nice to meet you Donut!  I look forward to reading your journal entries! Can't wait for the next one!

;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 07:07:37 am by Evolio »

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:19:33 am »
+3
Hey Donut! Nice to see another journal on here!
How come you liked unit 4 over 3 in bio? I preferred it the other way around   ;D
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 11:23:00 am »
+1
Awesome to see your journal pop up, Donut! :)

Re: career pathway, there's no rush - you have time. Aside from Med, what else are you considering atm?

I thought I would start a journal so that instead of procrastinating by reading other people's journals, I could procrastinate by writing my own.

😂

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 05:06:09 pm »
+1
Hey Donut!
It's great to meet you!! I'd love to see some artwork of yours! Is it mainly drawing or do you have other artistic passions as well?

Also, seems like you are doing super well in methods! I am doing 1/2 bio this year. I hated Unit 1 but Unit 2 has been heaps better so far (especially since we are up to genetics). I'm not familiar with the 3/4 content, but what do you like about Unit 4?  ;D

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 07:38:45 pm »
+1
Hi Donut! It's nice to meet you!
What other subjects are you studying?

Donut

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 10:49:54 pm »
+5
Tuesday, September 3
Hello guys, as I said yesterday I had a bio sac in the morning and it went better than expected :D. It was on DNA manipulation and I didn't do much revision, because I had a bunch of other stuff to do. I should probably prioritize my sacs over my 1/2s but eh whatever. Thankfully there weren't many concept based questions and I could see an 80-90% being achievable for me.

As for all the questions, I will try to answer them in the following week. :)

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 08:02:34 pm »
Hey Donut,
How Year 11 been going?