Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 07, 2024, 04:56:35 am

Author Topic: UNSW data sci or commerce/engo dual transferring  (Read 445 times)  Share 

radnan11

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
UNSW data sci or commerce/engo dual transferring
« on: December 15, 2018, 08:49:13 am »
So I got offers to both of these course, I just want to know how hard is it to transfer from data science to commerce or even from data science to commerce/engineering dual (all within UNSW). I want to do data science but just in case within the first semester or first  year I don't like it, transferring won't be an issue. If so, what would be the requirements (eg. minimum wam). Thanks!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: UNSW data sci or commerce/engo dual transferring
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 09:04:51 am »
+2
The program transfer WAM cutoffs are all listed in the links down below the page. You can do a bit of looking around to find that for commerce and combined commerce the cutoff is a 75 (i.e. distinction). Also note that you need 36 UoC to transfer, which requires two trimesters worth of study.

Of course, this early in (before you've even started uni) it's really not possible to predict how your WAM will go. I always recommend raising your WAM as high as possible in first year (whilst it's comparatively easier) to prepare for these scenarios, but I can't just decide how that'll go.