Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 13, 2024, 01:51:25 am

Author Topic: The Best Pen  (Read 14162 times)

armtistic

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
The Best Pen
« on: October 06, 2017, 04:59:03 pm »
Now I know this is a commonly resurrected thread over on BoS so might as well revive it here to, but what is the pen you guys would most recommend for HSC?

Obvious factors would be speed (aka smoothness), how feathery the ink is, and the line width.

Personally I reckon the best ballpoint is the Uniball Jetstream 0.7mm but for English for e.g. I'd start with an Energel 0.7mm cos it's a gel pen and a bit smoother then switch over to the Jetstream halfway because the lines are thinner and writing takes less effort.

Also, is it common for your hand to sort of cramp up after writing too long?
ATAR: 99.70

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Re: The Best Pen
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 07:28:22 pm »
+1
Omg omg I feel so strongly about this haha!! My fave is the paper mate inkjoy - they write sooo nicely! And I love how they’re sort of triangular! Also don’t smudge too much which as a left hander I appreciate that lots
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

rachid.kam

• Forum Regular
  • The higher you fly, the harder you fall
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:02:24 pm »
oooooh. You can't go wrong with Papermates new Inkjoy gel 0.7. It's quick drying gel, so it won't smudge and you can write super fast. It feels amazing to hold as well.
2016:
Biology [41]
2017:
Texts and Traditions [] | Physics [lool] | Chemistry [46] | Methods [looool] | English[38]
Atar: 92
Monash University: Bachelor of Biomed 2018-2020

Texts and Traditions: The path toward a 40+
100 Days until the VCE Chem Exam: STRATEGY

Erstwhile

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:27:58 pm »
+2
Frixions are nice because they allow you to erase mistakes, the only problem is that the ink smudges easily. Overall my current #1 pen is the Muji Gel Ink Pens. Gosh they write so nicely and make your work look super neat! Cheap as well  ;D
#nerdlife 2019

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 09:07:44 pm »
+1
INKJOY 5EVER

Except if you're not ready for the tri-grip, beware.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 09:14:15 pm »
I haven’t used them lately, but inkjoys are the smoothest pens I know of

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 09:46:32 pm »
+1
Inkjoy is alright I guess, I find my ones quite clunky though in comparison to the Artline smoove ballpoint pens.
When it comes to colours that's another story though but that doesn't matter cause we won't be using them in the exams hey.
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

armtistic

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 05:50:48 pm »
Frixions are nice because they allow you to erase mistakes, the only problem is that the ink smudges easily. Overall my current #1 pen is the Muji Gel Ink Pens. Gosh they write so nicely and make your work look super neat! Cheap as well  ;D

Where on earth do you get these in Australia other than eBay? And even on eBay they're like 3 bucks a pop which is fairly high for a disposable pen :o

armtistic

• Forum Regular
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 05:56:53 pm »
oooooh. You can't go wrong with Papermates new Inkjoy gel 0.7. It's quick drying gel, so it won't smudge and you can write super fast. It feels amazing to hold as well.

I have one of those but for some reason it just doesn't
exactly
gel with me
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jokes aside is anyone here a user of fountain pens and do you reckon they are less painful to write with?

Erstwhile

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 06:09:13 pm »
Where on earth do you get these in Australia other than eBay? And even on eBay they're like 3 bucks a pop which is fairly high for a disposable pen :o

You can get them at Muji in the city. Quite far just for pens but they are definitely worth it! Here's the address for the one in NSW: Level 1, 500 George Street, Sydney NSW Australia
#nerdlife 2019

Checkmate123

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 07:13:12 pm »
Lamy Safari Fountain pen. Inkjoys feel like charcoal pens in comparison to fountain pens.
English Advanced - 95
Physics - 95
Chemistry - 95
4U Maths - 95
3U Maths - 98

2017 ATAR: 99.85

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 12:26:07 am »
Man, so much rave about the Papermate Inkjoy, I should go try one out for myself hahaha. I have to admit though, I'm picky when it comes to pens, but ohmygod, the Uni Jetstream Retractable and 101 are literally a blessing to this earth. They write so freaking smoothly unlike any other pen, it's actually ridiculously amazing. Only downside is that they run out absurdly fast, and only last for about 2 1700 essays until they're gone for good hahah, so every exam period I have to spend $10 on like 10 of them. How long does the Inkjoy last for?
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 09:24:30 am »
Hi All,

Paper Mate " ink joys" , they are fantsatic and just glide across the page

armtistic

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:24 am »
Man, so much rave about the Papermate Inkjoy, I should go try one out for myself hahaha. I have to admit though, I'm picky when it comes to pens, but ohmygod, the Uni Jetstream Retractable and 101 are literally a blessing to this earth. They write so freaking smoothly unlike any other pen, it's actually ridiculously amazing. Only downside is that they run out absurdly fast, and only last for about 2 1700 essays until they're gone for good hahah, so every exam period I have to spend $10 on like 10 of them. How long does the Inkjoy last for?

Definitely stick to the jetstream over the inkjoy for actual exams. Maybe for practice essays at home you can use an inkjoy because they're cheaper and last longer even if they're not as fast/smooth.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 11:10:31 am »
jetstream 101 is my absolute favourite. the capped ballpoint ones cost $1.95 at dymocks - cheaper than officeworks by about 20c but the discounts add up. another one that i like to use is the kikki-k ballpoint pen, which usually comes in a pack of 5 for $10. really light, writes smoothly, but it's a bit on the pricier side because of the brand itself and the designs they have.

inkjoy is pretty good too but i found i liked the jetstream better hahah
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW