Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:51:20 am

Author Topic: Subject Selection Help!  (Read 525 times)  Share 

KatherineGale

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +92
Subject Selection Help!
« on: August 13, 2018, 11:40:40 pm »
Hi there,

I hope someone can give me some advice. I'm a bit stuck on what to do for my subjects next year and would like a second opinion.

Last year, I decided to do Year 12 over two years due to personal circumstances. I am taking Psychology, Literature and Food Studies this year, and planned to take English, Chemistry and Health + HD next year. I need a high rank for my ATAR because I want to get into medicine - direct entry at Monash in particular.

My problem is that I hear biology is really helpful when you actually attend my desired course. And I also am quite unsure as to whether I should pick up Maths Methods. It's not a prerequisite to the course, but if I don't get into Direct Entry and need to do Biomedicine, there's only one or two universities I'd qualify for in that course. I haven't done Unit 1+2 for MM. I don't technically need it, but I'm a bit concerned about backing myself into a corner with little options.

I'd be fine to take up MM but that would mean I'd be doing 7 subjects in total, which seems a bit pointles. Chemistry is a prerequisite, but English and health are really my strong suits, so taking these will give me a better shot at Direct Entry.

I've made bad subject decisions before, and I don't want to do so again.

Any thoughts will be appreciated!