Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 01, 2024, 02:00:21 am

Author Topic: How would I graph this?  (Read 560 times)  Share 

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
How would I graph this?
« on: September 03, 2019, 11:38:09 am »
Hi,
How would i graph this?! (see attachment below)
Im extremley confused and so are my friends; how would i show the affects of temperature on the rate of enzyme activity based on the amount of starch present (indicated by iodine colour)
TIA
J_Rho
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: How would I graph this?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 01:35:34 pm »
+4
Generally for a graph you would have your dependent variable on the y-axis and your independent variable on the x axis. In this case, there's a few ways in which you could present the data.

Eg.
- colour of indicator on the y axis and time on the x axis. You would need to include a legend with different colours or symbols for each temperature.
- time of indicator changing colour on the y axis and temperature on the x axis (this is probably a more useful graph for you!)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: How would I graph this?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 09:30:23 am »
Generally for a graph you would have your dependent variable on the y-axis and your independent variable on the x axis. In this case, there's a few ways in which you could present the data.

Eg.
- colour of indicator on the y axis and time on the x axis. You would need to include a legend with different colours or symbols for each temperature.
- time of indicator changing colour on the y axis and temperature on the x axis (this is probably a more useful graph for you!)

Thanks for this super helpful response Bri MT!!
If you could check out the graph i made and let me know how i can make it better (there are a bunch of lines sitting on top of each other and i dont know how to show that there a multiple lines there!!!!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP