Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 12:34:13 pm

Author Topic: Is there anything i can be doing right now?  (Read 1107 times)  Share 

PhantaXyl

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Viewbank College
Is there anything i can be doing right now?
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:57:09 pm »
Hey guys, due to some family circumstances, I will be travelling overseas until at least February and was wondering, apart from courses that require and interview, is there anything I could do overseas for my course preference (Applying for biomedicine at Monash/Melbourne university) in the mean time  while waiting for university offers to be sent out? I don't know if I should be leisurely spending time overseas when I could be doing something

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Is there anything i can be doing right now?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:02:21 pm »
Hey guys, due to some family circumstances, I will be travelling overseas until at least February and was wondering, apart from courses that require and interview, is there anything I could do overseas for my course preference (Applying for biomedicine at Monash/Melbourne university) in the mean time  while waiting for university offers to be sent out? I don't know if I should be leisurely spending time overseas when I could be doing something

Hey PhantaXyl! Welcome to the forums ;D

I don't think there is anything you'd need to do that you can't do online from overseas. When offers are released in January, you can accept those online, so that is fine. I didn't do anything between getting my ATAR and accepting my offer. You might miss Info Days or something, but I'm pretty sure you should be okay! You've definitely earned some leisure time :)

PhantaXyl

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Viewbank College
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 02:05:14 am »
Hey PhantaXyl! Welcome to the forums ;D

I don't think there is anything you'd need to do that you can't do online from overseas. When offers are released in January, you can accept those online, so that is fine. I didn't do anything between getting my ATAR and accepting my offer. You might miss Info Days or something, but I'm pretty sure you should be okay! You've definitely earned some leisure time :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

So just to make sure, there isn't much I can do in between accepting a offer and finishing VCE? Been spending my last few days in Australia feeling anxious that I should be doing something during the time in between the two even though I don't know what I could be doing. All I know is that the courses I've applied for doesn't state that an interview is required which is a godsend seeing as how I won't be able too in the first place

wyzard

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:19 am »
Thanks for the welcome :)

So just to make sure, there isn't much I can do in between accepting a offer and finishing VCE? Been spending my last few days in Australia feeling anxious that I should be doing something during the time in between the two even though I don't know what I could be doing. All I know is that the courses I've applied for doesn't state that an interview is required which is a godsend seeing as how I won't be able too in the first place

Don't need to get stressed out, I had the same feeling when waiting for my offer too and I was in Singapore the entire time after receiving my ATAR till I received my offer :)

As jamonwindeyer pointed out, you can accept your offer and enroll your subjects online. Orientation week and information day is totally optional, even though highly recommended. I missed mine back then and it was totally fine, as on information day usually they just go through the subjects available for the major and how to enroll; which can be done easily as all the information and instructions are all online.

If you're afraid you're missing out anything, just see a student adviser when you return, they'll fill in the gaps for you.

As for the holidays, definitely get plenty of rest and have lots of fun, and to get prepared I'd recommend checking out the course information, start collecting resources, such as prescribed textbooks or online tutorials, and familiarizing the materials ahead. Getting prepared and learning ahead will go a long way to make the transition to uni life a lot smoother, and not to mention soothe your anxiety ;D

Graduated from high school in 2012 with atar of 99.55.

Currently doing MSc in Physics at UoM researching on Quantum Computers.

Offering group lessons for Unit 3/4 VCE Methods and Physics for 2017!

Selling awesome and in-depth study notes for Unit 3 Physics, PM me if interested! :D

Writer/Tutor at (Nerd of Passion)!
Connect with me on Facebook!