Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 08:59:44 am

Author Topic: English oral - current hot topics  (Read 1010 times)

tomatosauce

• Forum Obsessive
  • Masters degree in Procrastination
  • Respect: +115
English oral - current hot topics
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:15:47 pm »
Hey again! Yes its holidays... but our teachers have every excuse for why we should be doing homework all holidays! We have multiple different assignments, but I'm struggling with an english oral I'm meant to be preparing for... The topic must be something which has been controversial / a point of discussion / a hot topic (since last september) in the public forum, general society, media, etc. I have NO idea what to do... I follow the news a bit but I'm not exactly obsessed with it, so I'm having a bit of trouble choosing! I'd be glad of any suggestions... I have to choose it, send it in for approval, then research it and fully prepare for my oral on it before school goes back somewhere in there I'm meant to move houseso I'm kinda running tight for time!  ;) :-\
Thanks guys!

I don't know of anywhere else where everyone is sooooo supportive, helpful and just generally there for you! loving AN rn! :D
Someone told me to grow up yesterday. I immediately banned that person from ever riding my unicorn!
Class of 2020 graduate... if I ever get there! :D
Year 11 - 2019:
English, Math Methods, VET Business 3/4, Legal Studies and Accounting

Year 12 - 2020:
English, VET Accounting 3/4, Math Methods, Legal Studies and VCE Accounting

2021: Chartered Accountant ;)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: English oral - current hot topics
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:28:02 am »
Hey again! Yes its holidays... but our teachers have every excuse for why we should be doing homework all holidays! We have multiple different assignments, but I'm struggling with an english oral I'm meant to be preparing for... The topic must be something which has been controversial / a point of discussion / a hot topic (since last september) in the public forum, general society, media, etc. I have NO idea what to do... I follow the news a bit but I'm not exactly obsessed with it, so I'm having a bit of trouble choosing! I'd be glad of any suggestions... I have to choose it, send it in for approval, then research it and fully prepare for my oral on it before school goes back somewhere in there I'm meant to move houseso I'm kinda running tight for time!  ;) :-\
Thanks guys!

I don't know of anywhere else where everyone is sooooo supportive, helpful and just generally there for you! loving AN rn! :D
Since you watch the news - just keep watching until you find a topic that actually interests you. You can also check youtube for some news clips.

I don't think I can just give you a topic to study since everyone's interests will be different so just make sure you choose an issue that you feel is extremely important and needs to be focused on.

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 05:07:38 am »
Politics?
Or what passes for politics here in Australia...
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 03:51:20 pm »
+2
If you’re fond of animals, why not try researching live export or experimentation? What about smoking, and recent political changes encouraging the boycott of such behaviours? Safe injecting rooms has been a huge political debate lately, but I’m not sure how that will go down in a year 10 class.

Those are just some ideas - do what you’re passionate about. Being emotionally invested in the topic you’re writing on gives your speech a certain sort of fire. Good luck. :))
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating