Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 04:50:25 pm

Author Topic: Studying only one day before - will I get above 50?  (Read 1133 times)

Hheuhf

• Fresh Poster
Studying only one day before - will I get above 50?
« on: October 25, 2021, 05:52:20 pm »
Hello, I don’t really care about school all that much since I’m going to be a surfer, however, I still want to get a half good score for status reason especially my mother’s boyfriend. So do you think I could get a 50 ATAR from studying a day before? I got bad and average scores with the SACKS. So would like some help thanks.

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
Re: Studying only one day before - will I get above 50?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 06:28:21 pm »
idk whether your joking or not.
If you have done no study at all and intend to cram the whole year in one day...then no. However if your more inquiring about how to revise, or whether it is even possible to get >50 for your atar, then I guess we shall see?
So, in regards to ur sac scores. Withou tlooking at them further, i can't tell you for certain, but bad-average sac scores CAN give you a SS above say 25, however it would be best if your cohort is generally strong and the sacs were hard, and you do well on the exam. So a >50 is still possible theoretically, you can get less than 30 scaled on all your subjects and get above 50 (relaitve got scores like that got got 50.25) so it IS possible...I guess.

In regards to revising: I would reccomend starting ASAP and being prepared to commit hours a day if you want to cram, but bad habbits can be hard to break. The first step I would take is looking over the Study design and refreshing all the content you have done throughout the year, look over notes, past tests etc and just do your best to remember content. Then after that it is just SPAM practice questions/essays. This is a nearly universal truth for all VCE subjects, you do enough practie questions and things begin to look simmilar. It works best for like math/science subjects, but other humanities ones work well too.

Now if you wern't joking and your exam is LITERALLY tommorow...and you have not started ANY revision. Then at this point it is prioritizing and praying to God. Just look through ur notes quickly, identify where you sucked the most, do your best to adress where you sucked, and boom move on. Do ur best to get a good night sleep but also it sounds like u may need the time to do things other than sleep. May I ask what subjects you are doing?
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Hheuhf

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 07:02:58 pm »
Thanks for the reply. This will definitely aid me.

I’m doing English, further, biz, accounting and media. Things that scale down… I think. I’m prepared to do about 12 hours of study the day before each exam.

Anyway, thank you for this reply. Nobody ever helps the damned

2021soontobegraduate

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 07:23:24 pm »
im sure you will do great!
start with a vccaa practise exam and  identify your weaknesses
from there start studying those sub topics and excel at them just get straight into vccaa short answer as multiple choice can be answered if you do well in short answer wish you all the best :)

Hheuhf

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 07:29:07 pm »
Thank you for the advice. Will utilise.