Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 11, 2024, 11:56:16 pm

Author Topic: AMA seeks sex lessons for 10-year-olds  (Read 3033 times)  Share 

bubble sunglasses

Re: AMA seeks sex lessons for 10-year-olds
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 10:58:39 pm »
  see below. *using* those words isn't being advocated, she just urges the making sure that children understand fellatio=blow-jobs.

"If we're discussing the risk of sexually transmitted infections through fellatio, we need to make sure that these young people understand we're talking about blow jobs."

hard

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 11:04:54 pm »
cbfed arguing at this time tbh so anyway.

Matt The Rat

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 11:51:04 pm »
I wanna see the teacher demos

hard

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 11:56:06 pm »

squance

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 11:59:40 pm »

Man...imagine if the teachers at my school did that....ROFL!!!

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 12:13:38 am »
wtf are they fried in the head or what? because it seems that i can't seem to comprehend with the fact that 1 year olds shouldn't be learning foul languages such as "blow job" or "fuck" at such an early and tender age. FUCK THIS FUCKED UP GOVERNMENT AND THEIR BULSHIT.

I'd rather young children are exposed to foul language then contract an STD. Children won’t be traumatized by hearing the word "blowjob".
are you serious? so you'd let your 1 year old child who doesn't even know how to go to the toilet yet to know the meaning of "blow job"? You'll let your child know that blow job means a girl/guy sucks a males penis? You'd let that? if so, i find that terribly saddening.

Did you know that STDs are likely to have been around for thousands of years but the most serious, AIDS, has only been recognised since 1984. http://www.familydoctor.co.nz/index.asp?U=conditions&A=947

yes thousands of years, yet all this time the tender nature and innocence of one year olds has been kept in tact. It is in this age were mindless people seem to think that corrupting the brain of an innocent child with such language will promote safe sex. So what if they know what the definition of a blow job means, it doesn't mean a one year old will have the capability to comprehend with the dangers involved. A one year old won't know what STD means. A 1 year old won't be able to distinguish between safe and unsafe. that causes these increase cases of STD, HIV and AIDs. Why can't we teach them the definition of such words at a more suitable age?

You know what, even the law recognizes that children aged between 10 and 14, not 1, are presumed criminally incapable. [1] Thus i would assume that this means they are unable to distinguish between right and wrong. So what makes you think a one year old will know the difference between right and wrong?

[1] "In all Australian criminal jurisdictions children under fourteen are presumed criminally incapable. This presumption of criminal incapacity has an irrebuttable and a rebuttable form depending on the age of the child. Since 2000 when Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory raised the age level, the age under which a child is irrebuttably presumed criminally incapable is now ten throughout Australia.[1] For children aged ten but not yet fourteen the presumption is conditional and may be rebutted by proof that the child understood the wrongfulness of what they were doing."
http://www.murdoch.edu.au/elaw/issues/v10n3/crofts103_text.html#Introduction_T

so you know what, if you want your 1 year old to learn what: fuck, blow job, dick, pussy, ass hole means than by all means teach them at home and let them become the sex addict prostitutes they're destined to be. But if you say make it compulsory for all 1 year olds to learn the definitions of such words and their effects, then i'd go to great lengths to prevent such a thing from occurring.

totally agree
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

costargh

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 12:31:26 am »
bjs ftw

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 12:18:33 pm »

Would they invite students to be 'assistants'? :P
Some snippets of what goes on in IRC:

<chath> ill say " i wont let you go until u kiss me bitch"

<@enwiabe> i have the BEST orgasms when i'm working through a math problem

<@mark_alec> my bikini line however, is most important

Are you scared yet?

squance

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 12:19:16 pm »

Would they invite students to be 'assistants'? :P

Eek! Molestation! :P

Matt The Rat

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 02:03:59 pm »

Would they invite students to be 'ASSistants'? :P

Only at the Greek schools

ursus

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 10:39:48 pm »
 see below. *using* those words isn't being advocated, she just urges the making sure that children understand fellatio=blow-jobs.

"If we're discussing the risk of sexually transmitted infections through fellatio, we need to make sure that these young people understand we're talking about blow jobs."

That's exactly right. There's no point just using the formal terms such as "fellatio" in the classroom, because when put into a situation out in the real world, these kids won't understand that a "blow job" and fellatio" are the same thing.
And I'm pretty sure the importance of sexual health and awareness of STIs of future generations is more important than the decline of formal english.
VCE '07-'08: History (35), International Studies (36), Indonesian (38), Literature (40), Pyschology (49); ENTER: 96.15
2009: Bachelor of Arts/Diploma of Languages (Indonesian) @ the University of Melbourne.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 10:59:46 pm »
^ "And I'm pretty sure the importance of sexual health and awareness of STIs of future generations is more important than the decline of formal english."

Well, it depends what you mean by "decline". The ability to understand and communicate formally and [as /0 mentioned] having a good understanding of the notion of register [level of formality], I would contend is important.
 But as I said on my post on page 1, being aware of the slang terms and even using them [though I don't think they should become standard for the classroom] doesn't have to spark such a decline.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:11:24 pm by bubble sunglasses »

ursus

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 12:47:33 am »
It was more in reply to this:
"Not only is there a lot of potential in sex slang for bullying involving both sex and race, but respect for the school system and, in particular, for teachers, may be undermined. You can still effectively teach sex education without the need for these words. It's supposed to be a sex ed class, not a culture class."

and this:

"I don't see the point of learning how to use vulgar language in the classroom. It is not essential to sex education and, if anything, it will only help to derogate the english language. If kids that age think it's ok to use words like 'fuck' in the classroom, then how will they talk in society? Will they have more trouble finding the correct register?"
VCE '07-'08: History (35), International Studies (36), Indonesian (38), Literature (40), Pyschology (49); ENTER: 96.15
2009: Bachelor of Arts/Diploma of Languages (Indonesian) @ the University of Melbourne.