Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 11:43:52 pm

Author Topic: JMSS 2022 Entry  (Read 112083 times)  Share 

ThatsCap

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS 2022 Entry
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2021, 11:14:57 pm »
wdym "still marking the exam"? they were all online, the second your friend submitted his exam it gets marked automatically by the edutest system. unless there was a glitch in the technology.
Yeah either this or maybe your friend doesn’t want to reveal that he didn’t get an email? This is the first time I’m hearing this.

shadow.e.x.e

• Adventurer
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2021, 12:03:03 am »
Just thought I'd add to the whole report situation, as for my knowledge (gathered by friends who entered jmss last year) they do not request the reports from the schools at least if you go to a private school but instead request them directly from you. But I'd like to reiterate what was said in a previous post, jmss doesn't more so look for extremely academic students yet they look for well-rounded students with an amplitude for science so even if your report is a little rough around the edges it won't matter too much especially considering all the remote learning we all had to go through. Hope that helped  ;D

teamavatar

• Forum Regular
« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2021, 12:41:33 am »
Yeah either this or maybe your friend doesn’t want to reveal that he didn’t get an email? This is the first time I’m hearing this.

yeah that's probably the case bcs i don't think they would even send out everyone else's emails if all the exams had not been marked. it's too unprofessional they wouldn't do smth like that yikes

suskieanna

• Forum Regular
« Reply #333 on: August 17, 2021, 08:10:10 am »
I emailed JMSS yesterday and I just received a reply:
'I am presuming that you are enquiring about entry into Year 10 in 2022. First round interview invitations were sent out last Friday, at this point in time I have not been advised about any second round interview invitations.'

So first round interview offers have already been made 😥

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2021, 08:51:22 am »
I emailed JMSS yesterday and I just received a reply:
'I am presuming that you are enquiring about entry into Year 10 in 2022. First round interview invitations were sent out last Friday, at this point in time I have not been advised about any second round interview invitations.'

So first round interview offers have already been made 😥

does it mean they arent sending out second round interviews?? ;-;
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

ThatsCap

• Trailblazer
« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2021, 09:40:27 am »
does it mean they arent sending out second round interviews?? ;-;
I don’t even think there is a second round stage for the entrance exam, I believe the second round places are going to be given for the people who did the interview and didn’t get first round.

wetsausage69

• Adventurer
« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2021, 09:56:06 am »
ik this a dumb question but y'all sent the declaration of authencity on the same email you registered and got a confirmation note saying thanks for sending it by 5 right?

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2021, 09:57:14 am »
ik this a dumb question but y'all sent the declaration of authencity on the same email you registered and got a confirmation note saying thanks for sending it by 5 right?

yeah

idontknowmate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2021, 02:42:18 pm »
How many from the interview actually get an offer for enrolment?

more than 200 but it depends , last year a total of 225 got picked

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2021, 04:18:06 pm »
I swear I've scrapping every version of my answers so much I'm running out of ideas

And quick question - how can I try stay positive when I'm speaking in the interview?

rely

• Adventurer
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2021, 04:30:49 pm »
Just curious what questions are you using?

Hellothisisme

• Forum Regular
« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2021, 06:22:22 pm »
if you got an interview, dont rehearse questions to the point where uve just memorised answers. I asked a few teachers and they can tell if u do that so it puts u at a disadvantage. They dont care if u make a few mistakes or stumble over a few words (god knows ive heard some horror stories from my friends). Also, just so u know, they wont ask you ANY of the typical questions (e.g. why do u want to go to the school? etc.) i swear they chose some of the weirdest things to ask but as long as ur somewhat creative w ur answers dont worry.

Hellothisisme

• Forum Regular
« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2021, 06:25:42 pm »
+1
One last thing, im sorry to say usually they give out barely any second round offers for the interviews, its more so for after the interviews ppl get second rounds. Dont wanna ruin anybodys hope but if ur spending ages thinking abt it and waiting my best advice would be to dont worry abt it bcoz unfortunately it is super unlikely.

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2021, 07:10:13 pm »
One last thing, im sorry to say usually they give out barely any second round offers for the interviews, its more so for after the interviews ppl get second rounds. Dont wanna ruin anybodys hope but if ur spending ages thinking abt it and waiting my best advice would be to dont worry abt it bcoz unfortunately it is super unlikely.

harsh truth, but i guess i just have to accept it. thanks for the info dude

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2021, 08:57:17 pm »
Just curious what questions are you using?
for the interview?