Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 08:29:03 pm

Author Topic: Medicine Tutoring  (Read 999 times)  Share 

D27RII

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
  • School: MHS -2010
  • School Grad Year: 2010
Medicine Tutoring
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »
Hey there Smiley

Im looking to tutor students keen on getting an place in medicine. This includes both UMAT tutoring and Interview tutoring as well as helping people fill out applications and soforth.

About me

So far I have gotten an offer for medicine in every university that I have applied. I am looking to start MBBS at Monash this year. I have recieved 98 percentinle in the UMAT and was dissapointed with the score as I felt it was a bit below my potential. I have sat interviews in countless universities and have immense experience in both medicine and dentistry interviews. I have recieved a rank of 32 for UADEL dentistry, but no offer as I have instead been offered a place at Medicine.

UMAT tutoring

I have great experience with the UMAT and have even recieved a job offer from Medentry. I have been offered a job to write UMAT questions for Medentry. Hence i have a great deal of experience in writing my own UMAT questions and making my own prep material as well as teaching them. My key focus is to aim for improvement in Section 3 and I also offer non-UMAT drills which aim to increase overall time management and speed with which once sits an exam.

Interview Tutoring

This is my forte. I absolutely love sitting and teaching about medficine interviews. I pretty much know every question asked at UNSW, and UADEL and am also greatly knowledged in the itnerview questions and formats of all the other universities. I know the scenarios asked at UADEL Dent word for word and i also have good knowledge of their med scenarios. Overall, i have started to write my own interview guides and have started to establish lists of questions asked at each university.

I also plan on sitting interviews in the future even though I already got into monash so as to broaden my knowledge of interviews at other universities. I also have first hand experience of the new MMI at Monash which has only been used once before and has very little information about it online.

Apart from material, being a debater and a public speaker, I also want to work with people so as to improve their "manner". Hence I will tell you how you should use body langauge to your advantage in interviews and how you should utilise hand gestures and natural pauses to add effect to your responses as well as to succesfully convey your passion for studying medicine.

I am even familiar with the layout and setting of the interviews and am aware of facts such as how UNCLE offers you a swivelling chair while UNSW has two tables in between you and the interviewers while UADEL offers lollies during the interview etc.

Applications

Universities like JCU and UNSW need you to fill out applications. These applications play a great role in your interviews. I know these applications back to front and will be able to give you invaluable help in filling them out so as to prevent the risk of filling them in regratable fashion and having them haunt you during the interviews.

ATAR

while i cannot offer "atar" tutoring - as that is massive and is a completely different issue. I do have knowledge on how to handle your ATAR when prepping for medicine, and what sort of ATAR you will need in comparison to your UMAT scores and vice versa. Hence i can teach you bto juggle your ATAR with your UMAT and interviews as well as to manage any ATAR score you recieve.

If interested, please feel free to email me Smiley
[email protected]

cheers