Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 28, 2024, 12:43:37 pm

Author Topic: P.E Holiday Homework  (Read 1829 times)  Share 

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +17
P.E Holiday Homework
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:12:28 am »
Just wondering what kind of homework was given to the P.E 2010 students to complete over the school holidays. I can say that what I got wouldn't really be considered homework, as it involves no writing whatsoever. Just have to read the first chapter :P

But seeing as most students will do the recommended homework and no extra, I've also decided to see if I can memorise and apply all of Unit 3 and parts of Unit 4, that way I can assure myself a chance at getting that 50 I desperately need :)

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
  • Respect: +66
Re: P.E Holiday Homework
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:13 am »
I can tell you that for PE 2009 we just had to do some questions that showed understanding of the physical activity guidelines. If I wasn't on holiday I would have read and understood the whole textbook.

If the exam is going to be as crap as it was this year though, there is no point in studying, unless you enjoy PE a lot, which you might like I do. Good luck.

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:39:15 pm »
I can tell you that for PE 2009 we just had to do some questions that showed understanding of the physical activity guidelines. If I wasn't on holiday I would have read and understood the whole textbook.

If the exam is going to be as crap as it was this year though, there is no point in studying, unless you enjoy PE a lot, which you might like I do. Good luck.

Yeah got to say I enjoy P.E quite a bit, it's one of those subjects which comes naturally. (As i'm sure it would for almost everyone).

When you say 'crap', i'm assuming you mean really easy?

But anyway, thats my plans in terms of homework, I'm just not 100% what I'll be doing throughout the year, as I will have covered all the material probably by the end of term 1, and it's not there is a lot of practice exams either, like most other subjects

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 08:38:04 am »
Sorry mate, I took a while to reply - frustrating that there are no notifications (at least I don't know how to set them up).

Good to hear that you like it  :)  Yeah, I meant that it was really easy. As soon as the exam comes out on the VCAA website you will see the difference between this exam and the others in the current study design.

As for practice exams and extra stuff, you might want to just do heaps of wider reading... for example, the AIS has a good site which goes into the physical demands of most of the AIS sports. I somehow managed to gather about 8 other practice exams, I'm not sure yet if it's smart to share them (copyright) but I probably will and should share. The only problem is that they are generally poor quality - contrasting from the good quality VCAA exams apart from the 2009 exam.

I ended up getting 43  ::) good luck for the 50.

amirite?

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 03:38:17 pm »
I got a 10 page booklet and encouragement to read the first areas of study from the textbook. I dont plan on taking any shortcuts next year so however much homework we were gonna get im more than happy to do.
I plan on doing well in PE also. Not sure about 50 but id be happy with 38+.

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 09:06:18 am »
ahahaha i didnt get any holiday homework when i did it... there are heaps of questions in the book, maybe read through the book and do some of them? don't stress yet...
aqualim, if you need any help let me know - or post it up here somewhere. i was a little disappointed not to get a 50, mainly because of silly mistakes i think, because i knew the course back to front. i'm tutoring this year, but feel free to clarify anything with me anyway, and good luck for your 50
2009 ENTER = 99.85
2010 - Science/Law at Monash

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 11:37:08 am »
ahahaha i didnt get any holiday homework when i did it... there are heaps of questions in the book, maybe read through the book and do some of them? don't stress yet...
aqualim, if you need any help let me know - or post it up here somewhere. i was a little disappointed not to get a 50, mainly because of silly mistakes i think, because i knew the course back to front. i'm tutoring this year, but feel free to clarify anything with me anyway, and good luck for your 50

Cheers man, i'll have to give it everything I got to get that 50. ahh don't worry about the 49, you got a 50 in English, I'm sure everyone would love a score like that.

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 03:30:12 pm »
aha true i was rapt with my overall score of course, and dont worry a 50 in pe will be more about good exam technique than hard work... though you should do that too of course :)
2009 ENTER = 99.85

amirite?

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 08:21:06 pm »
Herzy could you please tell em what sort of recurring themes appear in 3/4 PE? Does a lot fo the work relate back to the 3 energy systems? What key areas of knowledge will give me a leg-up on the rest of the class?

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:33:54 pm »
ahaha that's what i do with the people i tutor... and its too hard to explain anyway. pm me and i'll talk to you on msn or something, but for the rest of the people here: with the exception of a few silly topics, most interlink and correlate with each other. for example, an extended question on a 400m sprinter could ask components of fitness, energy system interplay, NPAG, ways of promoting physical activity, reasons FOR wanting to do so, an illegal performance enhancer which could be taken (e.g. methamphetamine), the physical health reasons why this may be a bad idea, the moral implications of doing so... etc.
my advice would be to think about how it relates, and know the course back to front, which is very doable.
2009 ENTER = 99.85

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:34:15 pm »
if you aren't familiar with the course, that'll all make a lot more sense in no time
2009 ENTER = 99.85

amirite?

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 09:19:43 pm »
I think ill Pm you/msn when I get my textbook next week.

herzy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 01:31:34 pm »
I think ill Pm you/msn when I get my textbook next week.

no problem :)
2009 ENTER = 99.85