Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 03:33:38 pm

Author Topic: Fair Hearing and Values  (Read 578 times)  Share 

Heffa

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Fair Hearing and Values
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:07:35 pm »
Hey guys and gals
Our teacher had said to us that on an essay regarding an effective legal system it would be ok to repeat the problems and solutions relating to a 'fair hearing' and the 'recognition of prevailing values' as they're very similar.

I've got cultural and social differences for both and solutions such as the Koori Court and the Sexual Offences List.

But I do not feel comfortable repeating answers like that on the exam (the examiners may not accept it as our teacher did). So has anybody been taught differences between the two?

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
Re: Fair Hearing and Values
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:51:57 pm »
ugggh! I have had the exact same problem. This is why I hated this section of the course so much, there's a lot of ambiguity over stuff like that.

I see the abiltiy to provide a fair and unbiased hearing being the sole result of reflecting prevailing rights in procedures. I reccon they're the exact same thing... You'll probably do better if you come up with two different examples. It's not that difficult, you could refference Koori court and sexual offences list for one, and something like bail and burden/standard of proof for the other... the examiners will probably like you more if you do that rather than repeating an example.

I reccon that the questions about effective legal system require you ot just pick various bits of the course and talk them up or talk them down.
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)