Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 02:44:33 pm

Author Topic: Essay Q's about your own personal understanding,etc  (Read 1294 times)

emilysc

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Wyong Christian Community School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Essay Q's about your own personal understanding,etc
« on: October 12, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »
For English Paper 1 section 3: How should I approach a question that asks about my own personal understanding/discoveries/etc?? (mainly for the thesis and intro)

Such as this question...
"To what extent has studying the concept of discovery expanded your understanding of yourself, of individuals, and of the world?"
In your answer, refer to your prescribed text, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.

My prescribed is Go Back to Where You Came From and related is Descendants (short film.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:19:55 pm by emilysc »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Essay Q's about your own personal understanding,etc
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:02:49 pm »
For English Paper 1 section 3: How should I approach a question that asks about my own personal understanding/discoveries/etc?? (mainly for the thesis and intro)

Such as this question...
"To what extent has studying the concept of discovery expanded your understanding of yourself, of individuals, and of the world?"
In your answer, refer to your prescribed text, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.

My prescribed is Go Back to Where You Came From and related is Descendants (short film.)

Hey Emily! You should treat it just the same as you would treat any other question; your understanding will come through in your ideas and analysis. Definitely don't use personal pronouns, and just make your Thesis exactly what you learned from the text. It's all about embedding your understanding within the typical essay style and structure ;D

Good luck! ;D