Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:29:46 pm

Author Topic: Using an artwork as a related text?  (Read 1741 times)  Share 

datmysterymark

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Using an artwork as a related text?
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:02:54 am »
Hey, I was wondering if it is okay to use an artwork as in would it be a disadvantage? I was thinking of using an artwork for Module C: Representation and Landscapes.

Also, does anyone have any exemplar or samples of essays that have used artworks as a related text?

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Using an artwork as a related text?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:57:42 pm »
Hey, I was wondering if it is okay to use an artwork as in would it be a disadvantage? I was thinking of using an artwork for Module C: Representation and Landscapes.

Also, does anyone have any exemplar or samples of essays that have used artworks as a related text?

I don't think it would be a disadvantage at all, provided that you're not doing it just for the sake of it and instead you are genuinely ready to analyse a visual text. It's not particularly harder than a written text or anything like that, it's just about twisting your analysis to make it suit, like you would with any text :)

I can't seem to find any essays that use images as related texts, but maybe someone else will come along and share some advice :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

ilovemycat

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
Re: Using an artwork as a related text?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:01:15 pm »
+1
absoluetly, this sounds like a great idea. i did harmony in red for an assignment in year 11 and i got great marks for it. it just comes down to using good visual techniques and also rememebr to relate it to the artist's context.