Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:20:19 am

Author Topic: Question - Would you get marked down for incorrect formatting?  (Read 947 times)  Share 

Nate311298

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Question - Would you get marked down for incorrect formatting?
« on: October 04, 2017, 06:17:33 pm »
I know that all Extension 2 pieces have now been marked... but would you get marked down for incorrect formatting?

I.e., when I converted my work to a PDF, a semicolon became a '□'. This also created a huge gap between the two words. As well as this, one line in my reflection statement 'is _____ spaced _____ out _____ like ______ this', for some reason.

Thanks in advance! Any opinion at all would help. :)

bundahboy

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +18
Re: Question - Would you get marked down for incorrect formatting?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 11:53:19 am »
+1
If the formatting errors are only in a couple of isolated spots, then I doubt it. It should be quite obvious to the markers that technical issues are likely to blame.

However, if these errors occur regularly in the submission (i.e. several times or more) then I reckon the markers will begin to suspect a degree of carelessness on your part. Even if this is the case I wouldn't worry too much; the content of the MW is far more important, though the markers might scrutinise your work more closely for aspects such as grammar and referencing.
2017 HSC: English Advanced // English Extension 1 // English Extension 2 // Mathematics Extension 1 // Mathematics Extension 2 // Physics // Chemistry // Economics

LAT 2016: 100th percentile // UMAT 2017: 99th percentile

Mary_a

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
Re: Question - Would you get marked down for incorrect formatting?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 03:25:52 pm »
Not to stress you out, I'm sure my teacher only said it to make sure we did it, but they don't look too kindly on it when it's not formatted correctly-especially if it's hard to read and/or annoying to look at.
Hey!
I did the HSC last year (2017) and my 10 units were English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Legal Studies, Maths and Studies of Religion 2. I achieved my ATAR aim of over 90!

I loved tutoring and running essay writing workshops (privately and at InFlow Education) so much that I decided to study a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in English and minoring in Maths!

If you're thinking about tutoring, let me know x