Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:14:12 am

Author Topic: How to study my text?  (Read 785 times)

elo2939

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How to study my text?
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:39:11 pm »
Hi, What things should I focus on when annotating and highlighting  'The Tempest'? Since I don't know yet exactly what my first essay draft will encompass. Would it be more beneficial to organise my annotations by type of discovery or by characters or something else? Thanks  :-[ :)

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
Re: How to study my text?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 01:43:30 pm »
+4
Hi, What things should I focus on when annotating and highlighting  'The Tempest'? Since I don't know yet exactly what my first essay draft will encompass. Would it be more beneficial to organise my annotations by type of discovery or by characters or something else? Thanks  :-[ :)

Hey there,

When starting out discovery you should firstly look at the rubric and understand/know it bank to front. Then after knowing the rubric you should start looking at the Tempest with the lens of discovery. So definitely still have your quotes/themes/techniques but look for aspects of the text that highlight discovery - and the various buzz words that describe discovery so like 'deliberate and careful planning' or fresh and intensely meaningful.
Annotations should just be your sort of pulling apart and analysis of the text and then you should have a section in your book or computer that you put your quotes/themes/analysis/links to discovery. How you structure it is up to you - can be by instance of discovery/theme/character. I find that putting it into different instances of discovery helped me see the overall process of discovery a lot easier.

Hope this helps!! :)
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW