Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 12:48:46 pm

Author Topic: ATAR of 70-75  (Read 4965 times)  Share 

0atarislife0

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
ATAR of 70-75
« on: October 27, 2016, 07:59:03 pm »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:01:49 pm by 0atarislife0 »

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +26
Re: ATAR of 70-75
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 08:03:56 pm »
+1
I need some moral support. My self doubt gives me reason to think my ATAR will be around 60..

Subjects ranked best to worst; business management, english, accounting, legal studies, further math. Further math is not in my top 4, have been averaging C+ and B's this year. Have got a few C+ in each subject, but majority were B+ and A's.

I did poorly in the english exam, not finishing the language analysis. I don't think i will do too well in the upcoming exams, perhaps a B to A. I'm worried i won't get an ATAR of 70-75.

:(
if you dont get the atar you want, you can transfer. not obligated to tell anyone, and odds are, youll probs d better than you think; we are our own harshest critics- dw about it too much, finishing year 12 is not the end of the world; moreso, the start of the rest of ur life :) :)
Uni and life

Individu

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 08:08:00 pm »
OP, what ATAR do you need for your desired course?

Elizawei

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:10:01 pm »
+4
There's nothing to do but just loo ahead and focus what's in the immediate future!
As much as we would like to, we can't change our past. No point playing the numbers game now, or even thinking about your SACs, it'll only make you more stressed.
We can't change our past, but we most certainly can change our future. You've still got 4 subject's exams to go, which is worth a lot. Study hard for these next two week and it still will make a big difference in your score!

The peculiar thing about exams is confidence. If you feel confident about your upcoming exams, chances are your performance also improves :)
It doesn't matter if you don't feel 100%, but for the sake of the exams, get your confidence up and have faith in your abilities. I want you to walk into the exam room and show VCAA what you've got. No matter what they throw at you, you're gonna put up a good fight. You've come this far now, and it's the final stretch.

Let go of your worries and just look ahead, don't look behind, look ahead at the finish line and go for it :)

As for worrying about your ATAR, I'm sure you've heard this before, but there are so many pathways in life that if you want to achieve something, nothing will stop you from getting it. Say you want to get into a certain uni, then just get into a lower-atar requiring course and then transfer, if you will put in the effort into reaching your goals.

Hope this helped :)

All the best for further tomorrow! Be confident and walk in with a smile :)
I believe in you
ATAR: 99.70
2017-2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine
2020-2023: Melbourne MD

Founder of Folding Our Futures
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Offering  Chemistry/Bio 3/4 tutoring for 2019! [raw 49, 47] PM me if interested :)

0atarislife0

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 08:15:01 pm »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:01:01 pm by 0atarislife0 »

Elizawei

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 08:17:30 pm »
+1
75 for monash arts crim, I want to take law electives then transfer, but i guess won't even be able to get 75..
originally, i set my standards too high. i wanted a 98 atar for law, this whole year has been a failure. I went in to year 12 with no prior dedication to learning. Once year 12 began, i realised it wasn't as easy as i thought it was, not understanding task words, not knowing how to fully answer questions etc. I lost too many marks due to my ignorance..

Now isn't the time for regret mate, it's not over yet.
Don't finish exams without putting up a good fight okay? You're more capable than you think.
Rest well tonight and get a good night's sleep for tomorrow :)
ATAR: 99.70
2017-2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine
2020-2023: Melbourne MD

Founder of Folding Our Futures
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Offering  Chemistry/Bio 3/4 tutoring for 2019! [raw 49, 47] PM me if interested :)

Individu

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 08:26:33 pm »
Why not consider other universities, like Deakin or others which require significantly lower ATARs? After all, whichever uni you go to, you'll end up with the same degree, with the same potential to transfer to law once you finish.

0atarislife0

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 08:32:49 pm »
Why not consider other universities, like Deakin or others which require significantly lower ATARs? After all, whichever uni you go to, you'll end up with the same degree, with the same potential to transfer to law once you finish.

Yes, same degree. But. Firms look to employ candidates from go8 uni's rather than lower tier ones.. is what I've heard. I may be wrong..

Individu

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 08:49:54 pm »
Yes, same degree. But. Firms look to employ candidates from go8 uni's rather than lower tier ones.. is what I've heard. I may be wrong..

Oops what I meant was once you finish a year of Arts try transferring into law (potentially at a GO8 uni if you want provided you maintain a high enough WAM). Read up about Monash's policy regarding transfers since I'm not sure about the details.

0atarislife0

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 08:58:08 pm »
Oops what I meant was once you finish a year of Arts try transferring into law (potentially at a GO8 uni if you want provided you maintain a high enough WAM). Read up about Monash's policy regarding transfers since I'm not sure about the details.

Monash accepts transfers, but prefer internal transfers, thats why I'm quite distressed.
I wonder if it is a bad idea studying law at a non go8 uni.

Individu

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »
Pretty sure employers look at other factors first such as grades which is much more significant than the uni you went to.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »
Something like law definitely prioritises the prestige factor. I would encourage you all to please keep to the topic regarding motivation/ATAR rather than discussing universities. There's a forum for that if you wish to take the discussion further: General University Discussion and Queries or Law

Cheers everyone.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile