Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 01:24:27 am

Author Topic: December MotM/PotM - Winners Announced!  (Read 1538 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
December MotM/PotM - Winners Announced!
« on: December 26, 2018, 09:05:01 pm »
+18
We've reached the end of 2018! A big shout out to all our MotM winners this year, and the countless forum members who were strongly considered for winning it. The forum is nothing without its amazing community, and this award being so tough to pick is just another representation of that. That said, we have made the choices for one last time in 2018, so let's get into this special Boxing Day edition of the MOTM and POTM :)

THE NSW WINNER FOR DECEMBER IS...
Spoiler
CAITLYN_K22! With the NSW forums a little quieter this time of year (HSC exams finished almost two months ago), it's a great chance to recognise someone who makes AN special in a more subtle way. Caitlyn has been around all year (first post in January), contributing to an awesome journey journal with insane consistency, and just in general chatting with others about her experiences and theirs. Caitlyn represents the benefits of this community going so much deeper than just the answers to a few Maths questions. Thanks for being such an awesome source of enthusiasm and positivity - When we think of people who contribute to the 'collaborative spirit' of AN NSW, you are near the top of the list.

THE VIC WINNER FOR DECEMBER IS...
Spoiler
DANTRAICOS! We could have awarded this to datraicos based on their sicc LaTex skills alone, but of course, there is much more to praise. Of 100+ posts since November 2017, over half have been from this month. These include amazing explanations, university subject reviews, and even sharing problems of their own. Incredible stuff ;D

Further to recognising our MotM, here are some of the other outstanding contributions to ATAR Notes this month. As always, we've almost definitely missed things, so give a shout out below if you really want to recognise something special from this month!

POSTS OF THE MONTH: 🔥🔥🔥
Spoiler
- So many super detailed answers, like this one from MissSmiley for French
- Awesome SAT Advice for US Universities, as a very first post no less!
- Another awesome guide from EEEEEEP on university rankings
- Many more incredible posts from angelina_naguen (the mod team has given up trying to shout out all her incredible contributions, literal insanity)
- Darcyynic, our November MotM, is at it again with EXT2 resources, and Advanced English resources, and... Yeah no, they keep coming, the mods give up here too. Insanely good stuff ;D
- Awesome politics guide from vans
- Super cool advice from Zaljc for new Year 12 students
- The OG is back with another incredible contribution, timed nicely with NSW ATAR release
- Rui updated his insanely useful LaTex guide just in time for 2019! Keen for many more smexy equations ;)
- Yet another first time post worthy of praise, this one a tonne of Psych advice from litlit05
- Incredible guide on VCE Biology from jinaede1342
- Always cool to see state rankers keen to share their expertise with their peers; this post from kensie08 is no exception to the rule ;D
- Finally, what a climax to Maya's VCE journal, 10000% worth reading even just the ending
- An awesome guide on doing well in Year 11 by nishta! :)

Congratulations to everyone who got mentioned in this post - You are what has made 2018 such a cool year for ATAR Notes. If you all hang around in 2019, just imagine what we can accomplish  8)

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
Re: December MotM/PotM - Winners Announced!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 09:08:38 pm »
+11
Congratulations to everyone here, looking forward to seeing your contributions in the New Year  8) 8) 8) Keep it up!   ;D ;D
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 09:21:03 pm »
+11
A massuive congrats to the both of you for everything you do for this community!!!
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 09:22:23 pm »
+11
Woohoo! What an amazing year it's been!

To Caitlynk, your journal has been part of my weekly routine for a long time, and your overall honesty, positivity and community spirit is something to admire.

To Dan, you have worked hard to give us resources and answers, and your "sicc LaTex skills" are certainly something to admire. Thanks for being such a pivotal part of the AN family, and a friend!

Well done! I'm so proud of both of you.
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 09:39:13 pm »
+9
Yay congrats to both!! So excited to see what's to come next year :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 09:44:11 pm »
+12
Congratulations to both winners.

Additional note re: dantraicos - your assistance and engagement in the math boards particularly, is fantastic. Keep it up.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

AlphaZero

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • \[\Gamma(z)\Gamma(1-z)=\frac{\pi}{\sin(\pi z)}\]
  • Respect: +160
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 09:54:35 pm »
+14
sicc \(\LaTeX\) skills
Just changed my personal text to this lmao.

Well ummm...

Didn't expect this at all :o

Thank you guys so much! I'm so glad I became an active member of AN. Don't think I'll be leaving any time soon, and I can't wait to see what 2019 brings :D
2015\(-\)2017:  VCE
2018\(-\)2021:  Bachelor of Biomedicine and Mathematical Sciences Diploma, University of Melbourne

aspiringantelope

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 10:18:05 pm »
+5
Well done both NSW and VIC recipients :))

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 12:32:44 am »
+11
Oh wow, I really didn't expect MotM. This was a huge surprise! Thank you everyone for supporting me throughout this year and well done to everyone who completed school (or university) this year. Again, thank you!! :D
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 03:09:25 pm »
+6
Way to end the year with two very deserving members  ;D Congratulations to the both of you and looking forward to working with you all in 2019  8)
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music