Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 02:13:38 pm

Author Topic: Two Exams in One Day  (Read 14768 times)

Mary_a

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
Re: Two Exams in One Day
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 06:12:02 pm »
+1
Hey Jamon, took your advice. Made the biggest fuss in the world, more fuss than possible probably, they've now moved the maths exam back by two hours to ensure that there is a proper gap between the exams! Thanks for everything.

Mary
Hey!
I did the HSC last year (2017) and my 10 units were English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Legal Studies, Maths and Studies of Religion 2. I achieved my ATAR aim of over 90!

I loved tutoring and running essay writing workshops (privately and at InFlow Education) so much that I decided to study a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in English and minoring in Maths!

If you're thinking about tutoring, let me know x

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 06:30:58 pm »
YES! See, this is the thing about bureaucracy, you have to be loud to get places!

So glad it got sorted and that you are getting the break you need

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 11:54:39 am »
Hey guys,
I have my Geography and English exams on the same day!!
For both, we were given the questions and then made to write two essays for each (to ensure we have something to write) and at random a question will be chosen (by each subject) that we then must write our 45 minute essay(s) on.

I am freaking out. I have no idea how i'm going to retain two essays in the time spam of 2 hours.

Any help or advice will be absolutely appreciated,
Thank you.

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 01:12:27 pm »
Hey guys,
I have my Geography and English exams on the same day!!
For both, we were given the questions and then made to write two essays for each (to ensure we have something to write) and at random a question will be chosen (by each subject) that we then must write our 45 minute essay(s) on.

I am freaking out. I have no idea how i'm going to retain two essays in the time spam of 2 hours.

Any help or advice will be absolutely appreciated,
Thank you.

Don't freak out ! 2 essays in 2 hours is completely doable. In fact that's pretty normal. The only way to prepare is learn the content properly and have essay scaffolds before the day.

If you freak out you'll only go in and panic then forget everything. Happened to me :(
Heavy Things :(

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 01:16:46 pm »
Don't freak out ! 2 essays in 2 hours is completely doable. In fact that's pretty normal. The only way to prepare is learn the content properly and have essay scaffolds before the day.

If you freak out you'll only go in and panic then forget everything. Happened to me :(

Thank you Wales,
I am on the brink of finishing my scaffolds and fingers crossed I can retain the information and keep calm. Stress is quite literally taking over.
Thank you so much for your advice.

Wales

• Forum Leader
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 01:20:04 pm »
Thank you Wales,
I am on the brink of finishing my scaffolds and fingers crossed I can retain the information and keep calm. Stress is quite literally taking over.
Thank you so much for your advice.

The moment you cave into stress is when you crack and fall. Don't let it happen! Prepare now. Do your best. You know you can do it. 2 essays in 2 hours :P Pshh.

Smash it!!

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 01:22:24 pm »
The moment you cave into stress is when you crack and fall. Don't let it happen! Prepare now. Do your best. You know you can do it. 2 essays in 2 hours :P Pshh.

Smash it!!

Fingers crossed this goes down well, loads of quotes and evidence my brain is already mush. Thank you for the advice and confidence  :D

Wales

• Forum Leader
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 01:23:49 pm »
Fingers crossed this goes down well, loads of quotes and evidence my brain is already mush. Thank you for the advice and confidence  :D

I found writing out my quotes again and again and assigning them a certain word or two helped. It takes a few days to remember them effectively though. Everyones different so see what works for you :)

Angela Karanikolas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 01:37:39 pm »
I found writing out my quotes again and again and assigning them a certain word or two helped. It takes a few days to remember them effectively though. Everyones different so see what works for you :)

I will definitely try that out. I have quite a few days before the tasks so i'm yet to find out what works for me in regards to retaining information. This sounds good though, thanks.