Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 03:34:16 am

Author Topic: Psych U4 Q's Thread!  (Read 33833 times)  Share 

playsimme

Re: Psych U4 Q's Thread!
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2011, 06:14:52 pm »
+2
For the NEAP 2011 exam, would we really need to memorise the steps for a psychological experiment? (for the actual exam)?

The VCAA can do crazy things... just look at the English exam...
I'm hunting down Helen Day... and getting a tattoo in front of her FACE!

jwongton

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2011, 06:32:22 pm »
Do we need to know about these processes for developmental plasticity?

- profileration
- migration
- circuit formation
- myelination

they're not mentioned in my psych textbook (macmillian - one stop science) but they're in these notes that roger edwards (some old psych chief assessor guy) gave us.

monkeywantsabanana

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • An eye for an eye will make us all blind.
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2011, 07:09:26 pm »
Do we need to know about these processes for developmental plasticity?

- profileration
- migration
- circuit formation
- myelination

they're not mentioned in my psych textbook (macmillian - one stop science) but they're in these notes that roger edwards (some old psych chief assessor guy) gave us.

Although I don't think it specifically states the stages in the study design, it's a good idea to know them.

Bachelor of Commerce (Economics & Finance)

spikey

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2011, 08:10:32 pm »
For a behaviour to be acquired through classical conditioning, the UCS should be presented ________ the CS.
a)about one minute before
b) about 0.5 seconds before
c) at the same time as
d) just after

I keep getting confused whether UCS is before CS or after?

playsimme

« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »
the cs comes b4 and i'd say just after

Anon123

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2011, 08:16:13 pm »
For a behaviour to be acquired through classical conditioning, the UCS should be presented ________ the CS.
a)about one minute before
b) about 0.5 seconds before
c) at the same time as
d) just after

I keep getting confused whether UCS is before CS or after?

Its easiest to remember that it is the opposite to Operational Conditioning

The UCS should be presented after
Re: Silly things you did during the exam..
I accidentally wrote a really shit context essay, oh wai-

English (33>31)
called it

spikey

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2011, 08:21:13 pm »
Yeah see thats what i though, but the correct answer is B (about 0.5 seconds before) :/

playsimme

« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2011, 08:22:54 pm »
did tssm make that question?

spikey

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2011, 08:27:00 pm »
nope, STAV 2006

mattmcmahon

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2011, 09:42:58 pm »
I have a seemingly stupid question,

I've heard that systematic desensitisation and graduated exposure are the same thing but i've also heard that systematic desensitisation is when you learn a relaxation technique and use that in every step whereas graduated exposure you're just exposed to it, gradually with no relaxation technique or anything.

Also, is there any particular difference between shaping and behaviour modification?

Thanks
2010: Music Group Performance [39]
2011: IT Apps [49] Music Performance - Solo [39] Psych [39] English [37] Methods CAS [29]
ATAR: 93.70

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2011, 09:47:13 pm »

I've heard that systematic desensitisation and graduated exposure are the same thing but i've also heard that systematic desensitisation is when you learn a relaxation technique and use that in every step whereas graduated exposure you're just exposed to it, gradually with no relaxation technique or anything.

Thanks

Same thing.

Also, is there any particular difference between shaping and behaviour modification?

Also same thing, I think. (Don't hold me to this).
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

mattmcmahon

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2011, 09:54:34 pm »
thanks for that!
2010: Music Group Performance [39]
2011: IT Apps [49] Music Performance - Solo [39] Psych [39] English [37] Methods CAS [29]
ATAR: 93.70

jwongton

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2011, 09:55:08 pm »

Thanks

Systematic desensitisation and graduated exposure are very similar - but they're not the same thing. you're correct in that systematic desensitisation uses relaxation techniques, but graduated exposure can as well. (eg. therapist sits with client with a phobia of flying on a plane, and helps them remain calm and engage in muscle relaxation on the flight.) but yes, grauduated exposure is more about 'confronting' the fear, rather than to replace an anxiety response with a relaxed response.

Not sure about shaping and behaviour modification.

pas0005

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2011, 09:56:00 pm »
ok. this is really frustrating me! what on earth is the difference between a response cost and a negative punishment? They both remove something to decrease the likelihood of a response, then why do they have difference terms?

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2011, 09:57:05 pm »

Thanks

Systematic desensitisation and graduated exposure are very similar - but they're not the same thing. you're correct in that systematic desensitisation uses relaxation techniques, but graduated exposure can as well. (eg. therapist sits with client with a phobia of flying on a plane, and helps them remain calm and engage in muscle relaxation on the flight.) but yes, grauduated exposure is more about 'confronting' the fear, rather than to replace an anxiety response with a relaxed response.

Not sure about shaping and behaviour modification.

Examiner said for the exam describe them as the same thing. :/
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.