Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:54:20 pm

Author Topic: Do you even SWOTVAC?  (Read 63138 times)  Share 

Shenz0r

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +410
Re: Do you even SWOTVAC?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 09:50:16 pm »
This year, I mostly study in my room seeing as how all the university libraries are packed by lunchtime and I don't want to waste 1.5 hours travelling to uni. I kind of like working in solitude too, if I see too many people I know I get distracted by talk.

I will go to the library occasionally just to "switch the environment" though.
2012 ATAR: 99.20
2013-2015: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Microbiology/Immunology: Infections and Immunity) at The University of Melbourne
2016-2019: Doctor of Medicine (MD4) at The University of Melbourne

DisaFear

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bravery is not a function of firepower
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2013, 09:53:36 pm »
Oh also I prefer studying at home, mostly because getting to uni takes 1.5 hours of my precious time and also money for transport/food/coffee.

It also takes me 1.5 hours to get to uni, but I know that I will study at uni, whereas I probably won't at home, so it's a good trade-off. And had revision lecs this week too, 5 of them.

(AN chocolate) <tisaraiscool> Does it taste like b^3's brain?
BSc (Hons) @ Monash (Double major in Chemistry)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 09:55:04 pm »
+5
What have we achieved today, people?

Well, my stubble/moustache is coming along nicely. SWOTVAC is exam season, which means facial hair growth time for guys.

Just imagine DisaFear's beard during SWOTVAC and exams. That's my motivation.

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 11:41:38 pm »
Review theories that need to be applied to case studies and made a template to work off for that. Just need to apply the theories... Pretty lazy effort, but hoping that tomorrow will be an extremely productive day!

Ok, lets be honest. I've been saying that every night for the past week...... Each day has been a massive let down. At least the amount of 'study' done is incrementally increasing. That's a good sign :P

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2013, 12:10:31 am »
+2
Monday went and saw a doctor, then went to work
Tuesday went to Glen Waverly with a friend, ate at China Bar, bought shitloads of cheap makeup on sale at David Jones, dont even plan to wear the shit or know how to use it, then went to work
Wednesday went to drop a friend at an appointment and was supposed to go study afterwards but went to Southland instead, bought a nice dress from Dotti for $20 bucks, then went to DFO and GOT SOME FUCKING AWESOME DEALS AT TYPO, then went to work.

So pretty much my SWOTVAC consists of Shopping. Good time for sales. srlsy bro
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

BigAl

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +43
  • School: Isik College
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2013, 01:57:42 am »
does anyone know how to regulate their sleeping schedule? We all stayed up till mid nights during uni..but I want to sleep now..I dont wanna stay up...It's almost 2 AM and I have no sleep whatsoever...I dont wanna go to my first exam like a zombie..Help me :(
2012 ATAR:88.90

2013-2015 Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering and Science (dropped in 2015)
2015-2017 Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2013, 01:59:19 am »
does anyone know how to regulate their sleeping schedule? We all stayed up till mid nights during uni..but I want to sleep now..I dont wanna stay up...It's almost 2 AM and I have no sleep whatsoever...I dont wanna go to my first exam like a zombie..Help me :(
Stay up until 6am, then go to your nearest Coles and buy some Red Bull, drink it for the rest of the day, crash at 7pm and sleep til 8am or something like that, then study hard, and you should be tuckered out early. That should sort you out pretty quick.
*If you fuck this up it'll really fuck up your sleep pattern
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +376
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2013, 01:59:40 am »
Well, my stubble/moustache is coming along nicely. SWOTVAC is exam season, which means facial hair growth time for guys.

Means fringe/bangs growing time for girls.

If any girl is ever having difficulty passing the 'shit stage' of trying to grow out their fringe (ie, the stage in which girls go 'omg should I cut it' and everyone goes 'no', so they go home and cut it because they 'just couldn't take it anymore') they should just hibernate during the exam period for a month or so and the time will fly right by, you'll come out the other side with a full load of hair in your face and the possibility of a true middle/side part.

And BigAl, I wish I could help you but as soon as I get to swotvac I change to a 5am to 12pm sleeping pattern immediately.  It's my natural pattern and my body won't actually let me go to bed before 5 or get up before 12 if it knows I don't have to go anywhere the next day.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2013, 02:18:43 am »

If you can, try to get some melatonin from your pharmacist/GP. It's a hormone your body produces to help regulate circadian rhythm. Pick a set time that you want to be able to sleep, and take the dosage recommended by your healthcare professional an hour before your selected time (depending on the strength of the supplement, this might vary). This will condition your body to fall asleep at the time you've chosen - but you need to maintain this schedule for a time until your body adapts to the new sleep patterns.

N.B. Some people find that they wake up nauseous/groggy the morning after taking melatonin - so just be aware of the potential adverse effects. It's obviously a good idea to discuss the possibility of this occurring with a healthcare professional.

Good luck!
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2013, 02:28:05 am »
+2

Sleep at 4, wake up at 12, repeat.

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2013, 04:46:17 am »
+1
just embrace it
Monash Arts/Law

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:18 pm »
Get up early like 8:30. Get crap out, sort out the papers and sheets. Read and annotate the case study.
10:30 Decide to check emails and shiz. End up browsing web.
nek minnit 12:30
WHY? :'(
I think it's time for lunch break ;) I WILL STAB YOU IN THE EYE PROCRASTINATION!

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +464
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 04:36:55 pm »
+3
Half of you people don't even know what real procrastination is.

...then went to DFO and GOT SOME FUCKING AWESOME DEALS AT TYPO...

Mad invite. Not friends.
Mathematical Methods | Physics | Chemistry | English | Business Management

2012-2017
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) @ Monash University

Current
Transport Modeller @ Arup

Shenz0r

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +410
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 07:10:49 pm »
Tried studying at uni today after a chem exam tute, felt dead by 4, and slept on the way back, and I'll start writing up logbooks for chem...in an hour or two.

Yup, I'm going to be a hermit for the next week.
2012 ATAR: 99.20
2013-2015: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Microbiology/Immunology: Infections and Immunity) at The University of Melbourne
2016-2019: Doctor of Medicine (MD4) at The University of Melbourne

Cloud Nine

• Adventurer
  • Respect: -1
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 07:13:52 pm »
Man, I thought all the hard work and stress was over after year 12 was finished...

Reading all of these posts makes it seem like uni's requires even more time and effort and causes even more stress thank year 12... wtf...