Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 04:45:29 pm

Author Topic: Reaching the "Very High" on the SAT criteria?  (Read 1455 times)  Share 

marsbareater12

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
  • School: Flinders
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Reaching the "Very High" on the SAT criteria?
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »
My Food Tech teacher is uh. Well.

...very new and used to only teaching Year 7s. We haven't really been taught anything about the SAT, asides from "shut up sit down and write a design brief", and we've only been taught to write okayish ones in year 11, as we were told that our year 12 teacher would tell us how to do it properly.
(Also. Year 7? Or year 7? I have zero idea how to capitalize).

So I've printed off the performance descriptors from the VCAA website and I'm trying to go off those, but as you can imagine, it's hard by yourself. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good tips about reaching the "Very High" portion as opposed to the "Low/Medium" mine is currently sitting at.

Thanks!
2013 : Philosophy (31) | VCE VET Hospitality (Kitchen Operations) (31)

2014 : Food Tech (40) | Accounting (35) | Art (39) | Visual Communication Design (40) | English (38) [hopefully!!]

(serial abuser of brackets)

walkec

Re: Reaching the "Very High" on the SAT criteria?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:12:09 pm »
My Food Tech teacher is uh. Well.

...very new and used to only teaching Year 7s. We haven't really been taught anything about the SAT, asides from "shut up sit down and write a design brief", and we've only been taught to write okayish ones in year 11, as we were told that our year 12 teacher would tell us how to do it properly.
(Also. Year 7? Or year 7? I have zero idea how to capitalize).

So I've printed off the performance descriptors from the VCAA website and I'm trying to go off those, but as you can imagine, it's hard by yourself. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good tips about reaching the "Very High" portion as opposed to the "Low/Medium" mine is currently sitting at.

Thanks!

Be specific, clear and detailed but still concise.
if you want to, feel free to attach your draft of your design brief and I can have a look over it for you and make some suggestions :)
Also, try and be as original in your ideas as possible.